Highslide JS

Listen RockHall Radio with your favorite audio player:

Latest Message: 12 years, 5 months ago
  • buy : «link» - «link»
  • DrunkenHobo : Should be on try it
  • DrunkenHobo : Good news it will be back soon
  • Twister : RockHall Radio is NOT brodcasting any more.
  • LSubm : EbiteGuseycocqq
  • Straycat : No streaming music - what's the deal
  • Karl : need help-i cannot listen rockhall anymore.Since some month every time after i choose vlc player to listen-but nothing happens( no streaming.
  • Quiet_Man : Started a message last night had to leave PC for a whilecame back and hit wrong key and sent part of message. I believe the problem I am having is becausemy ISP Talk Talk does not use static IP addresses hence I probably have a different IP every time I try to login. Is there any way around this??
  • Quiet_Man : Not been on for a long time due to problems loggin in. Still have the same problem.
  • entheo : Hi, got some problem listen ing with my player (winamp). Got an idea ? Thanks again for the music ..

RHR
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
More latest cd's for info !! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: More latest cd's for info !!
Samtom (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
latest cd's for info !! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
PAUL ANKA - SINGING AND SWINGING - THE FIRST THREE ALBUMS...PLUS
(2 CD set, 49 tracks. Features for the first time on CD his first three LPs, two of them in stereo plus bonus tracks of his single releases that were not included on the LPs! Songs include: Down By The Riverside, You Belong To Me, Diana, Red Sails In The Sunset, Sing Sing Sing, Walkin' My Way Back Home, Under Paris Skies, Side By Side, Pity Pity, I Miss You So, I Love Paris, Hello Young Lovers, Secret Love, Train Of Love, P.S I Love You, Don't Gamble With Love, I Love You Baby, Crazy Love, It's Time To Cry, Put Your Head On My Shoulder, Just Young, Midnight, Verboten, Love Letters In The Sand, Lonely Boy, Just Young)
U.K JASMINE £10

THE BAR X COWBOYS - THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS VOLUME 2
(26 x 1941 - 1953 masters, incs..Let's All Go Down To Grandpa's, I Don't Worry, Girls Girls Girls, Just For Tonight, Someone Like You, Donna Mia, Cold Shadows, Rum & Soda)
U.K BACM £10

THE BEATMAKERS - MAKING MOVIES
(14 new guitar instro's, incs..The Singing Heart, The Stars In Your Eyes, Beginning And End, Judy, Early In The Morning, Lonely Blows The Wind, In The Shadows, Goodbye My Love, The Land Of Happiness, Danger, Flaming Star, Tonight, The Silent Road, Campfire Mood)
TWANGSVILLE £13

THE BEATMAKERS - 22 GUITAR HITS
(great Rautalankaa instro's, incs..The Old Smuggler, Ghost Train, Dark Eyes, Western Sunset, In The Shadows, Wrong Planet, I Will Syat, My Joy, Troll Twist, Traveler, The Silent Road, The Singing Heart, Still I'm Sad, Just For You, Let It Be Me, Kathy, Dimlights)
TWANGSVILLE £13

CHARLES BLACKWELL - THE STORY
(2 CD set, 47 trax with titles he recorded alone & with other artist, songs under other names etc etc - Incs..Tom Tom Cat, Big Brother, Breakthru, Midnight In Luxembourg, Taboo, Supercar, Persian Twist, El Tro, XL-5, Caviare, Phantom Riders, A Lover & His Lass, Lonesome Traveller, Lost Patrol, The Bumble Beat, The End, Shocking Miss Carmen, Ole Bizet, Verdi Very Dry, O Sole Mio, Havah Nagilah, She Walks Through The Fair, Die Lorelei, Stenka Rasin, Almdudler, Freight Train, For Me & My Girl, Hawaiian War Chant, Nigh Noon, Theme For 2 Hearts, I Like Beethoven) (note: cdr)
U.K STYLUS £12

JOHNNY BURNETTE - THE BALLADS OF
(This set includes his five Hot 100 entries from the early '60s, all produced by the legendary Snuff Garrett with the cream of the Los Angeles session men, plus rarities, obscurities, and simply great performances. 30 trax, incs..Dreamin', Clown Shoes, My Special Angel, Shattered Dreams, I'll Never Love Again, Love Me, You're Sixteen, I Just Found Out, Settin' The Woods On Fire, Dream Lover, Don't Do It, Pledge Of Love, I Beg Your Pardon, Big Big World, The Fool, Walk On By, Hello Walls, Moody River, Roses Are Red, Bigger Man, Just Out Of Reach, Little Boy Sad)
BEAR FAMILY £15

WILF CARTER - HILLBILLY VALLEY - VOLUME 1
(24 x 1930s & 1940s hillbillies from Wilf aka Montana Slim, incs..My Lulu, Dusty Trails, The Preacher And The Cowboy, Two Gun Cowboy, Sundown Blues, Cowboy Blues, Ridin' A Maverick, Sitting By The Old Corral, Hang The Key On The Bunkhouse Door, The Tramp's Mother)
U.K BACM £10

SI CRANSTOUN - SKINNY JEANS
(THIS CD CONTAINS THE HOTTEST DANCE FLOOR JIVER SINCE GO CAT GO HIT THESE SHORES. DYNAMO IS THE TRACKS THAT SOUNDS LIKE JACKIE WILSON AND HAS PACKED THE DANCE FLOORS SINCE BEING PLAYED AT THE RHYTHM RIOT FESTIVAL IN NOVEMBER 2009 - NOW AVAILABLE ON THIS CD - other tracks include: Skinny Jeans, The Brazilian, Chick Flick, Kiss On These Lips)
U.K GALLEY £10

CRAZY CAVAN N' THE RHYTHM ROCKERS - WHO'S GONNA ROCK YA - 40 ROCKIN' YEARS
(2 CD set in nice box, 64-page booklet with many rare & unseen pics. 12 UN-ISSUED TRAX, includes: Wildest Cat In Town, Teddy Boy R'n'R, Bop Little Baby, Sadie, Hard Rock Cafe, Old Black Joe, My Little Sister's Got A Motorbike, Flight To The USA, Tennessee Border, Rockabilly Rules Ok, Are You Still Crazy, Put A Light In The Window, Isle Of Capri, Alligator Shoes, Rollin' Through The Night, Jeezy Peezy, She Stood Me Up, Evil Heart, Lizzy Beth, Train I Ride, Rhythm Rockin' Blues, Rebel Ted, The Rockin' Alcoholic, Alabammy Gal, Love Ran Out On You, Bye Bye Baby Blue, Who's Gonna Rock Ya, She Stood Me Up, She's My Lovin' Baby)
CRAZY RHYTHM £16

LONNIE DONEGAN - SUNDOWN
(Recorded in tandem with the star-studded Puttin' On The Style, which had returned LONNIE DONEGAN to the UK? charts in early 1978 after a 15-year absence, SUNDOWN perhaps remains Lonnie's finest LP. Frequently referred to as his Cajun album, it featured Country heavies Albert Lee, Doug Kershaw, Emory Gordy and Mickey Raphael alongside top session players like Richard Bennett, Jim Keltner and Ray Cooper, and it placed Lonnie firmly in a Country-Rock setting. This special expanded edition, which includes six previously unreleased bonus tracks, marks its first official appearance on CD. Includes: All Out And Down, Home, Sundown, Louisiana Sun, The Cajun Stripper, Morning Light, On A Monday, Home - alt take, All Out And Down - alt take, Dreaming My Dreams, Mama's Got The Know-How)
UNIVERSAL £8

LONNIE DONEGAN - PUTTIN' ON THE STYLE - THE LOST 1978 ALBUM
(Recorded during 1977, at a relatively low ebb in LONNIE DONEGAN's career, PUTTIN' ON THE STYLE was very much a labour of love for producer Adam Faith, and the various Rock luminaries - Ringo Starr, Elton John, Albert Lee, Brian May, Rory Gallagher, Ron Wood, Leo Sayer, Nicky Hopkins, Klaus Voorman, Jim Keltner, among many others - whose gratis contributions amounted to some serious dues-paying. The LP received rave reviews and Lonnie was subsequently rewarded with his first chart record in 15 years. This special expanded edition, which features four previously unreleased bonus tracks. Includes: Rock Island Line, Have A Drink On Me, Ham 'n' Eggs, The Grand Coulee Dam, London Is Behind Me, I'm Just A Rolling Stone, Lost John, Drop Down Baby, Diggin' My Potatoes)
UNIVERSAL £8

LONNIE DONEGAN - THE COLLECTION
(5 CD set, 108 original DECCA & PYE masters. The comprehensive 5 disc collection brings together some of his best loved recordings including the UK top 10 genre defining 'Rock Island Line', 'Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavour (On The Bedpost Overnight)', 'Puttin' On The Style', 'Cumberland Gap', and the timely 'World Cup Willie' and many many more! Includes: Rock Island Line, John Henry, Bury My Body, Lost John, Stewball, Railroad Bill, Nobody's Child, Don't You Rock Me Daddy-O, Gamblin' Man, Puttin' On The Style, My Dixie Darling, Mule Skinner Blues, On A Monday, Jack O'Diamonds, The Golden Vanity, Tom Dooley, Rock O' My Soul, Darling Corey, Talking Guitar Blues, Lorelei, Gloryland, Battle Of New Orleans, Pick A Bale Of Cotton, Ding Ding, Trumpet Sounds, The Comancheros, I Wanna Go Home, Steal Away, Over The Rainbow, My Sweet Marie, Have A Drink On Me, Black Cat, 7 Daffodils, Sam Miguel - TRACK LISTING AVAILABLE)
UNIVERSAL £12

THE EARTH ANGELS - STREET CORNER STYLE
(a trio of very talented singers from Barcelona, Spain. The voices of these three young men blend together to form the group's own unique sound, as they recreate the Doo Wop and Vocal Group Harmony styles of the late 1950's and early 1960's. Includes: Tomorrow, I Love You, So Real, Weakness, Chance Part 1, In My Heart, My Island In The Sun, This Is The Night, Nothing Can Go Wrong, Come On Home, Lift Up Your Head, Just One More Chance, Bad Girl, Look Into The Sky, Weakness - acappella version, It's Going To Be Alright)
Aussie RARE ROCKIN' RECORDS £12

CLINT EASTWOOD - COWBOY FAVORITES
(14 trax, catch him right at the beginning of it, fresh from his success on the TV series Rawhide, crooning (and competently so) a collection of cowboy favourites. Incs..Rowdy, Bouquet Of Roses, The last Round Up, Sierra Navada, I'll Love You More, Searching For Somewhere, Cowboy Wedding Song, Twilight On The Rail)
U.K ACE £8

DUANE EDDY - MOVIN' N' GROOVIN'
(Between 1958-64 Duane scored 27 hit singles in the United States, 21 in the UK - and no less than 10 chart LPs, at a time when precious few R&R artists registered hit albums. During this period alone, he sold some 15 million records worldwide. Movin' 'N' Groovin' collects 24 of these classic JAMIE label tracks. Incs..Title, Up & Down, Rebel Rouser, Stalkin', Ramrod, The Walker, Cannon Ball, The Lonely One, Yep, Detour, Three-Thirty Blues, Peter Gunn, Forty Miles Of Bad Road, Rebel Walk, Lost Island, Bonnie Came Back, The Battle, Tiger Love, Trambone)
U.K SNAPPER £6

ESQUERITA - WILD CAT SHAKEOUT
(20 great black rockers from the 50s, including the 2 Paul Peek tracks that Esquerita plays the 88 keys - incs..The Rock-A-Round, Sweet Skinny Jenny, Rockin' The Joint, Hole In My Heart, Get Back Baby, Crazy Crazy Feelin', Laid Off, Oh Baby, I Need You, Maybe Baby, Hey Miss Lucy, Getting' Plenty Lovin', I'm Battie Over Hattie, Esquerita And The Voola, Believe Me When I Say Rock 'n' Roll Is Here To Stay)
U.K FUTURE NOISE £8

AL FERRIER - I'M THE MAN- 1955 - 1959
(This chock-full compilation (32 tracks) gathers together his 1950s recordings in all their glory; the true King of Louisiana Swamp Rockabilly. Includes: No No Baby, I'll Never Do Any Wrong, My Baby Done Gone Away, It's Too Late Now, Hey Baby, Title, Let's Go Bopping Tonight, Kiss Me Baby, I Thought I Found Love, Chisholm Trail Rock, Blues Stop Knockin', Honey Baby, Gunsmoke, Indian Rock & Roll - incs all the alternate versions)
EL TORO £12

THE FIREBALLS - EXOTIC GUITARS FROM THE CLOVIS VAULTS
(The latest in Ace's series of limited edition collectors' items features Clovis, New Mexico's favourite sons. This is a limited pressing of 1500 copies. When "Wide World Hits by The String-A-Longs" was issued by Atco in 1968, buyers could hardly have been aware that they were actually purchasing an instrumental LP by The Fireballs The band were simply masquerading under the name of the String-A-Longs at Norman Petty's behest. This album is the centrepiece of this CD, plus the non-album track 'Popi' which was also issued under the String-A-Longs name. After much searching in the Clovis vaults we have been fortunate enough to discover an additional five titles - versions of the Doors' 'Light My Fire', the Supremes' 'Love Child', Johnny Nash's 'Hold Me Tight', Classic IV's 'Stormy' and Otis Redding's 'Dock Of The Bay- which were originally recorded for the project but not included on the album.' Ace have also discovered nine more previously unreleased Fireballs' tracks, making this a veritable feast for the instrumental fan. Tracks include: Torquette, Frisky, Little Toy, Holiday Love, Find Me A Golden Street, Love Child, Storny, Light My Fire, Drugstore Cowboy, Holly Hop, Dock Of The Bay, Popi, More, Lonely Fire, Blue Guitar, Black Grass, Silence Is Golden)
U.K ACE £17

THE FIRST - BACK TO THE 60's
(14 Rautalankaa guitar instros, incs..Katse Vain, Nainen Tummissa, Ala Kiusaa Tee, Tuuleen, Parjantai, Meni Hermot, Kuoren Alle Suru Jaa, Olit Mielessain)
TATSIA £13

THE FLAMES - THE VERSATILE
(The Versatile Flames' recognizes the groups 22 years performing Rock 'n' Roll across the UK and in Europe. All tracks on the CD are making their CD debut. Some of the tracks having been originally released on now long deleted cassettes and vinyl. 'The Versatile Flames' brings 'The Flames' story up to date with many of the tracks having been recorded in 2010. The CD also contains tracks that were recorded from the 'sound -desk' at one of 'The Flames' first concert appearances in 1988 when performing at The Riviera Centre in Torquay on the same bill as Buddy Holly's 'Original' Crickets. The 29 tracks include: Saturday Nite At The Duckpond, Walk Don't Run, Golden Earrings, Wipeout, Telstar, Apache, Sleepwalk, Riders In The Sky, The Girl Can't Help It, Running Around, Runaway, Big Blon' Baby, Tulane, Ramrod, Matchbox, Pointed Toe Shoes, Watchdog, Tear It Up, Let's Go Boppin' Tonight, Stay, Rockin' Daddy, Poor Boy Blues)
LONE RIDER £12

BOBBY FULLER - EL PASO ROCK VOLUME 3
(The long awaited third volume of Texas-era recordings from Bobby Fuller & the Fanatics, including a mess of sensational unissued live recordings and rarities! Incs..I Fought The Law, You Made Me Cry, Nervous Breakdown, Wolfman, Jenny Lee, Nancy Jean, Summertime Blues, Wine Wine Wine, You Kiss Me, Do You Wanna Dance, Only For You, Saturday Night, The Fanatic, Pretty Girls Everywhere)
USA NORTON £12

BILLY FURY - THE COMPLETE PARLOPHONE SINGLES
(his 29-track CD brings together for the first time the A and B sides of Billy's 11 EMI singles, adding for good measure seven excellent bonus tracks from the era. Eight tracks - Hurtin' Is Loving, It Just Don't Matter Now, Beyond The Shadow Of A Doubt, Baby Do You Love Me, One Minute Woman, Bye Bye, Why Are You Leaving and Old Sweet Roll make their first appearance on CD. The 12-page booklet has an authoritative commentary, and there are a couple of superb photographs, including the cover, which has been supplied by 60s celebrity photographer Ian Wright. Tracks include: Hurtin' Is Loving, Things Are Changing, Loving You, I'll Go Along With It, Suzanne In The Mirror, It Just Don't Matter Now, Beyond The Shadow Of A Doubt, Baby Do You Love Me, Silly Boy Blue, One Minute Woman, Phone Box, Any Morning Now, Paradise Alley, In My Room)
U.K PEA009 £10

PAUL GAYTEN - AIN'T NOTHIN' HAPPIN' - COOL JUMP BLUES 1947 - 1957
(This thirty-track compilation traces the first half of his high- voltage career in the recording business and proves how necessary he was to the birth and development of New Orleans R&B and rock 'n' roll. Incs..Your Hands Ain't, I Still Love You, For You My Love, Annie's Blues, Gayten's Nightmare, Creole Gal, Cuttin' Out, Hey Little Girl, Yellow Dog, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Ooh-La-La, The Sweeper, Get It, Cow Cow Blues, Down Boy, The Music Goes Round And Round, Nervous Boogie, Tickle Toe)
EL TORO £12

DANA GILLESPIE - I REST MY CASE
(new studio album . All 13 tracks are written by Dana, either on her own or with members of her top-notch band. It's a potent mix of her tough-and-witty blues stompers (Funk Me, It's Hot!) together with some lyrical ballads that touch on the heartache of break up and loss. Includes: Funk Me It's Hot, Twenty Four Seven, When Cries Become Sighs, Game Over, Wall To Wall Love, Unify, Title, The House Of The Blues, Guilty As Hell, Your Love Is True)
U.K ACE £11

RUDY GREEN - WILD LIFE
(27 tracks, This CD version seeks to rectify this unwarranted neglect of a fine performer and includes the complete issued recordings of Rudy Green from his Nashville debut in 1946 to his last known single back in Music City over a decade later. Also included are a few examples of Rudy's work as a session guitarist in Chicago in the 1950s. Incs..This Happened When I Gave You My Heart, Evil Man Blues, Buzzard pie, Love Is A Pain, The Letter, Nighway No 1, My Mumblin' Baby, Juicy Fruit, Wild Life, Teeny Weeny Baby, Cool Lovin' Mama, Queer Feelin', Lonesome)
EL TORO £12

THE GRIZZLY FAMILY - DON'T MESS WITH THE GRIZZLY
(15 new slap-bass & guitar rockabillies, incs..Don't Hang Around Me Anymore, Sometimes, Now She's Gone, Speed Woman, Number Nine Train, Title, Where The Rio De Rosa Flows, Come On Let's Rock, Motorcycle Fool, Chinese Shadows In The Night, Brother)
CRAZY TIMES £10

ROY HEAD & THE TRAITS - LIVE IT UP
(Sixteen song roundup of the earliest recordings by inimitable Texas madman Roy Head along with the original Traits! These 1958 -62 sides include all the group's wild TNT and Renner singles. Includes: One More Time x 2, Don't Be Blue, Live It Up, Yes I Do, My Baby's Blue, Here I Am In Love Again, Summertime Lover, Your Turn To Cry, Walking All Day, Night Time Blues, Got My Mojo Working, Little Mama, Linda Lou, Woe Woe)
USA NORTON £12

BUDDY HOLLY & FRIENDS - BUDDY'S BUDDIES
(3 CD set, commercial recordings which featured Buddy as session-musician-cum-producer from his golden years of 1957-58 and a bonus CD to collate all the remaining radio/TV interviews and the live radio/TV/promo clips from 1958 that hadn't been featured in our previous volumes. Sandwiched in between, and taking advantage of our title of "Buddy's Buddies", we have a jam-packed compilation CD of talented Texas artists with whom Buddy crossed paths in the 1950s. Incs..

Disc 1: Whole Lot Of Lovin' - Jim Robinson / It's a Wonderful Feeling - Jim Robinson / Starlight - Jack Huddle / Believe Me - Jack Huddle / By The Mission Wall - Fred Crawford / Man From Texas - Jim Robinson / Broken Promises - Sherry Davis / Humble Heart - Sherry Davis / Sugartime - Charlie Phillips / One Faded Rose - Charlie Phillips / Moondreams - Norman Petty Trio / Real Wild Child - Ivan / Oh You Beautiful Doll - Ivan / If I Had Known - Ken James / Within My Heart - Ken James / I Sent You Roses - Jerry Engler / What A'You Gonna Do? - Jerry Engler / When Sin Stops - Waylon Jennings / Jole Blon - Waylon Jennings / Stay Close To Me - Lou Giordano / Don'tcha Know - Lou Giordano / Real Wild Child / Oh You Beautiful Doll Ivan 1 / Oh You Beautiful Doll Ivan / When Sin Stops 1 / When Sin Stops 2 / When Sin Stops 3 / When Sin Stops Waylon Jennings 4 / Wh en Sin Stops Waylon Jennings 5 / When Sin Stops - Waylon Jennings 6 / More And More -Waylon and Buddy / When You Are Lonely - Waylon & Buddy

Disc 2: Hound Dog - The Four Teens / That Ain't Right - The Four Teens / Love's Made A Fool Of You - The Crickets / Someone, Someone - The Crickets / Leave Those Cats Alone - Don And His Roses / Baby My Heart - The Crickets / All My Love - Sonny West / Whatcha Gonna Do? - Earl Henry / When Sin Stops - The Nighthawks / Little Ditty Baby - Don West / Lookie, Lookie, Lookie - Ronnie Smith / When You Ask About Love - The Crickets / Deborah - The Crickets / That'll Be Alright - Ivan / My Babe - Ronnie Smith / School Is Out - Terry Wayne / Midnight Monster's Hop / Fireball - The Fireballs / Ting-A-Ling - The Crickets / Because I Love You - Bob Montgomery / Talk About Me Baby - Sonny Curtis / More Than I Can Say - The Crickets / My Suzanne - Earl Henry / Swingin' Daddy - Buddy Know & The Rhythm Orchids / All A' Your Love - The Nighthawks / Right Now! - Don And His Roses / I Don't Know - Chuck Tharp & The Fireballs / Patty Baby - Terry Noland / Don't Do Me This Way - Terry Noland / Jitterbuggin' - The Five Bops / Youv'e Got Love - Peanuts Wilson / An Empty Cup (And A Broken Date) - Roy Orbison / A Cat Called Domino - Roy Orbison & The Teen Kings / I Fought The Law - The Crickets / It's All Over - Niki Sullivan / Rave On! - Sonny West

Disc 3: Oh Boy! / Everyday / That'll Be The Day / Drown In My Own Tears / Hallelujah! I Love Her So / Peggy Sue / That'll Be The Day / Oh Boy! / Maybe Baby / Interview With Pat Barton / Promo Spot For Radio WTRL / Interview With Bob Chesney / Promo Jingle / Promo Jingle To The Theme Of Peggy Sue / Interview With Alan Freed / Promo Spot For Radio / Interview With Ronnie King / Promo Spot For Radio KSYD / Interview With Dick Clark / Promo Spot For 'Winter Dance Party'/ Plane Crash Newscast
EL TORO £16

JOHNNY AND THE HURRICANES - JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS
(2 CD set, 60 all-time classic original BIG BEAT instrumentals, incs..Rocking Goose, Red River Rock, Buckeye, Beatnik Fly, Reveille Rock, Ja-Da, Crossfire, Time Bomb, Down Yonder, Old Smokie, Mr. Lonely, Come On Train, Green And Beans, Sand Storm, Sheba, Money Honey, Shadows, Traffic Jam, Lazy, Rough Road, Thunderbolt, Joy Ride, Catnip, Cyclone, Mister Irving, The Kid, Corn Bread, The Hungry Eye, Bam Boo, Rockin' T, Mike Shake, Beanbag, Kaw- Liga, Rock-Cha, Tom's Tune, Bam Boo, The Hungry Eye, Hot Fudge)
SMITH & CO £8

JERRY LEE LEWIS - MEAN OLD MAN - 18 TRACK SPECIAL EDITION
(NEWLY RECORDED MATERIAL - Jerry Lee Lewis might be a Mean Old Man, but he's got plenty of friends. For his new album, the 74-year-old rocker will be assisted by three of The Rolling Stones, and former Beatle . According to RollingStone.com, Keith Richards plays guitar on Lewis's version of "Sweet Virginia," Mick Jagger sings on "Dead Flowers" and Ronnie Wood plays on "Mean Old Man," a song Kris Kristofferson wrote specifically for this album. Ringo Starr and John Mayer help out on "Roll Over Beethoven" and Eric Clapton and James Burton back up "The Killer" on "You Can Have Her." The album is packed with all-stars, just like 2006's Last Man Standing. Other guests on Mean Old Man include Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Slash and Kid Rock. The 18 songs are Mean Old Man, You Can Have Her, Sweet Virginia, Rocking' My Life Away, Roll Over Beethoven, Bad Moon Rising, Dead Flowers, You Are My Sunshine, Middle Age Crazy, Whiskey River, Swinging Doors, Hold You In My Heart, I Really Don't Want To Know, Railroad To Heaven, Sunday Morning Coming Down, Will The Circle Be Unbroken, Miss The Mississippi And You, Please Release Me)
USA VERVE £14

ABBIE MARIE - DON'T TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD
(12 new trax from young UK female bopper, incs..Bigelow 6200, Till The Well Runs Dry, My Boy Elvis, Title, Dig That Boogie, Hey Boy Hey Girl, Bring It On Home, Hey Memphis, Voodoo Voodoo, My Man, Travelling Soldier, Hallelujah I Just Love Him So - with Darrel Higham on guitar)
FOOT TAPPING £10

BILL MACK - PLAY MY BOOGIE
(24 trax, On this compilation the spotlight is on his early material, the recordings on this compilation range from Hillbilly Boogie, Hillbilly Bopper's and Hank Williams, flavoured Honky Tonk ballads and the odd Rockabilly offering. Includes: Crazy Baby Boogie, When The Sun Goes Down, Big Bad Daddy, That's How I Feel, I Cried All The Way Home, I'm Not Free, A Fool You Are, Sue Suzie Boogie, Title, I'm Missin' Lot's Of Lovin', Oh How It Hurts Me, I'm Talking To You, Memories & Tears, Crazy For Love, Mama Don't Lock The Door)
U.K JASMINE £6.50

MAIBELL & THE MISFIRES - RIDE ALONG
(modern, slap bass driven rockabilly from Finland - spiced up with melodic influences ranging from the 50's to 80's. Maibell & The Misfires' first album includes 13 songs all written by the band. Incs..You're Gonna Miss Him, Do The Stomp, In My Heart, Sweet Love, So Far Away, Without You, Why Do I Love You, Maybe Just a Little, This Ain't Going Nowhere, My Kinda Man, Why Oh Why, Ride Along, Never Seen In Love Like This)
EL TORO £12

MATCHBOX - MATCHBOX
(12 trax as original LP, 4 bonus trax, Originally released in 1979 and a UK No.44 hit. Includes the British chart single 'Rockabilly Rebel'. Completely re-mastered by Tim Turan. Booklet contains original LP artwork, pictures of all relevant singles and in-depth liner notes by Phil Hendriks. Includes Crazy Haze & Palisades Park both issued under the name Cyclone, PLUS Mad Rush, I Don't Wanna Boogie Alone, Rockabilly Rebel, Buzz Buzz A Diddle It, 17, Tell Me How, Hi-Fly Woman, Rockin' At The Ritz, Black Slacks, Poor Boy, Lord Mr Ford, Hurricane)
U.K 7Ts / CHERRY RED £10

MATCHBOX - MIDNITE DYNAMOS
(13 trax as original LP PLUS 5 bonus songs. Originally issued by Magnet Records in 1980 the album spent 9 weeks in the UK charts eventually peaking at No.23. Booklet features original LP artwork, detailed liner notes and pictures of related singles sleeves whilst the whole album has been re-mastered by Tim Turan. Includes: Love Is Going Out Of Fashion, Scotted Dick, You've Made A Fool Of Me, Over The Rainbow/You Belong To Me, Don't Break Up The Party Stay Cool, Title, Checkin' Out, C'Mon Let's Go, Marie Marie, Southern Boys, Back-Row Romeo, 16 Chicks, Sweet Lolita, When You Ask About Love, Jellyroll, Back Here In Boston, Stranger In Nevada)
U.K 7Ts / CHERRY RED £10

IMELDA MAY - MAYHEM
(This album is made up of a fusion of surf guitars, blues and rockabilly - but with an edge that comes from some even more eclectic influences. The first single "Psycho" channels the spirit of early PJ Harvey, whilst the heartbreakingly poignant "Kentish Town Waltz" conjures an image of Chrissie Hynde at her most reflective. "Mayhem", the upcoming single, clocking in at just under three minutes is a rockabilly whirlwind, showcasing Imelda's bluesy vocals and rootsy sound. Includes: Title, I'm Alive, Pulling The Rug, Psycho, Kentish Town Waltz, All For You, Inside Out, Proud And Humble, Sneaky Freak, Bury My Troubles, Tainted Love, Let Me Out, Too Sad To Cry, Eternity)
UNIVERSAL £12

THE MILLER SISTERS - GOT YOU ON MY MIND
(Not to be confused with the same-named New York quintet. The Miller Sisters were in fact sisters-in- law Elsie Jo Wages-Miller and Mildred "Millie" Miller, a Mississippi duo whose breath-taking close vocal harmonies saw them record not only in their own right for Sam Phillips' label, but also grace the recordings of other Sun notables. Jo was married to guitarist Roy Miller, Millie's brother, and initially they performed as The Miller Trio in and around the Memphis area. The next stage in the evolution of C&W thrushes, theirs was a sound carved out in the honky-tonks of the South where traditional Country sentiment was beginning to give way to a harder edged rockin' sound. Blending their voices with seemingly effortless perfection, Phillips saw in the girls an opportunity to emulate The Davis Sisters' success, and the first of three singles, 'Someday You Will Pay' b/w 'You Didn't Think I Would', was released in Spring 1955. Two further discs followed, including the ever-popular 'Ten Cats Down', a fine example of Sun's mid-50s femme rocker sound. They can also be heard performing background vocals on Glenn Honeycutt and Cast King's recordings, as well as a demo by Gene Simmons, who is credited with introducing them into the Sun fold, tracks which are also included on this compliation. Includes: Somebody You Will Pay, You Didn't Think I Would, There's No Right Way To Do Me Wrong, Ten Cats Down, Finders Keepers, Woody, You Can Tell Me, My Isle Of Golden Dreams, It Only Hurts For A Little While, also includes tracks with Glenn Honeycutt, Cast King & Gene Simmons - with rare alternate versions)
SNAPPER £10

WILLIE MITCHELL - ORIGINAL RHYTHM & BLUES
(29 jump r&b rompers, doo-woppers with backing from The 4 Kings and a healthy slew of r&b instros, all from Memphis. Incs..Tell It To Me Baby, Rag Mop x 2, I Want You For Myself, One Mint Julep, I've Got A Right To Cry, The Crawl, I Like It, Thirty Five Thirty, Tanya, Bongo Beat, Walking At Your Will, Stroll, Yvonne, Willie's House Party, Star Of Love, Eternity, - with 6 un-issued sides, incs alternate versions)
U.K STOMPER TIME £10

RICK NELSON - THE LAST TIME AROUND - 1970 - 1982
(7CD box set, 134 tracks & 144 page hardcover book. The final installment in Bear Family's documentation of Rick Nelson's recording career includes all of his late career recordings from 1970-1982. Many fans insist that his last years were his best! This set includes his last major hit, 'Garden Party', and it features the complete 1978 'Back To Vienna' sessions produced by Al Kooper. Most of the songs were previously unreleased! For the first time, the complete 1979 ' The Memphis Sessions' songs in their originally-recorded form! Many rare and unreleased songs, including the long-rumored, never-heard 1974 studio versions of Mystery Train and California Free. -- 'The Last Time Around' brings to a close Bear Family's definitive 3-box overview of Rick Nelson's recording career. Still with his pioneering country-rock Stone Canyon Band, this set begins with four albums - 'Rick Sings Nelson,' 'Rudy The Fifth,' 'Garden Party' and 'Windfall'. 'Garden Party,' of course, featured his last major hit in which he announced his refusal to become an oldies act. The set continues with the 'Intakes' album recorded for Epic, and 'Playing To Win,' originally released on Capitol. And there's more! For the first time in their entirety, Bear Family presents two previously unreleased albums: 'Back To Vienna' produced in Hollywood by Al Kooper with a band of all-star session players; and 'The Memphis Sessions,' with a sympathetic band of (mostly) locals, produced by Larry Rogers. And still more surprises include an entire, live performance recorded with the second-edition Stone Canyon Band heard here for the first time, as well as several single-only, previously unreleased studio sessions, and even a few commercials. -- The 144-page album-sized hardcover book includes dozens of pictures and other artwork; a full sessionography; and a 25,000-word history by Todd Everett, author of the acclaimed notes for the earlier volumes in this series, 'An American Dream' and 'For You.' With the compelling first-person accounts, you'll hear the real stories behind the sessions. -- Though Rick's later recordings assembled here didn't match the commercial impact of his earlier songs, they certainly maintained the quality) (FULL TRACK LISTING AVAILABLE OR ON THE BIM BAM WEB-SITE) (FREE U.K P+P)
BEAR FAMILY £140

JAMES O'GWYNN - MULESKINNER BLUES
(28 great hillbillies & boppers, incs..Changeable, Talk To Me Lonesome Heart, Blue Memories, Do You Miss Me, Easy Money, Tears Of Tomorrow, Bottle Talk, Take The Last Look, House Of Blue Lovers, Another Falling Tear, Love Made Me Slave, Ready For Freddy, I Won't Love You Anymore, Trying To Forget You)
U.K BACM £10

BUCK OWENS - THE EARLY
(28 rockin' tracks from this country legend, all taken from the Pep, Chesterfield, LaBrea labels, incs..Hot Dog x 2, Rhythm & Booze x 2, It Don't Show On Me, The House Down The Block, Right After The Dance, Country Girl, Sweethearts In Heaven, Blue Love, That Ain't Right Baby, I'm Gonna Blow, Down On The Corner Of Love)
USA PEP £11

ELVIS PRESLEY - JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS
(2 CD set, 65 all-time classic rockers, incs..That's All Right, Blue Moon Of Kentucky, Baby Let's Play House, Tweedle Dee, Maybellene, Heartbreak Hotel, Money Honey, We're Gonna Move, Shake Rattle & Roll, Ready Teddy, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Long Tall Sally, I Got A Woman, Blue Suede Shoes, Hound Dog, 4 x Million Dollar Quartet, Good Rocking Tonight, I'm Left You're Right She's Gone, I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine, My Baby Left Me, Just Because, Baby I Don't Care, Paralyzed, Rip It Up, Fool Fool Fool - INCLUDES Sun label, RCA label, Louisiana Hayride, alternate versions etc etc etc)
SMITH & CO £8

THE REDHOT TRIO - PASSPORT TO HELL
(The RedHot Trio are a wild, exciting and interesting Neo Rockabilly/Rock 'n' Roll band from the Bristol /Swindon area of southern England. These guys always give 100 per cent to each live show. They perform a mixture of covers and originals that are sure to get the crowd jumping and jiving all night long! You can be sure of a wild night with this band. You can Bop, Jive and come alive with the dead devil sounds of The RedHot Trio! Includes: Dog House, Down To Hell, Death Of Me, Back Stab x 2, Spanish Sun, Too Many Thoughts, Just Another Day, Black Dog, Workin' Man's Blues, Hanging On The Telephone, Crazy 'Bout You Baby, One To Many Whiskey's)
U.K NERVOUS £12

THE RUMBLERS - IT'S A GAS
(Here is the definitive collection of those 'Boss' men The Rumblers. This is a compilation that surf fans & instro fans, must own. For the first time on any legal issue, both sides of the group's first rare 45 on Highland and a late issue as the Interns, also never before issued on CD are included. All this together with a handful of previously unreleased tracks from the Downey vaults make up a terrific package. Incs: Boss, I Don't Need You Anymore, Boss Strikes Back, Bugged, Angry Sea, Title, Hey Did A Da Da, Tootnanny, All Night Long, Stomping Time, Warhead, Intersection, Freight Train, Hi-Octane, Boss Soul, The Hustler, Rumble, Soulful Jerk, Strawboss, Wiggle Wobble)
U.K ACE £11

THE SCAVENGERS - MYSTERY TWIST
(11 new guitar instros, incs..Comely Girl, Running Boots, Wistful Night, Why-Twist, Golden Hair, Title, Surfrite, High From The Mountain, Happy Ride, Shimmering Morning, Hiwa Lani)
TWANGSVILLE £13

SNAKEBITE - FULL THROTTLE
(14 new Swedish Teddy Boy Rockers, incs..Title, Just Passin' By, Rockabilly Kangaroo, Hot Stuff, So Long Baby, Goodbye, Rock The Night Away, Short Cut Lady, Mean Little Mama, Almost Grown, Caterpillar)
REBEL £10

THE TANDOORI KNIGHTS - CURRY UP
(A dozen curried treats from the remarkable King Khan and Bloodshot Bill featuring the hit single Pretty Please as well as soon-to-be Tandoori taste treats Into Her Arms and Bandstand, incs..Bucketful, Pretty Please, Roam The Land, Big Belly Giant, Bandstand, Into Her Arms, Dress On, Lover's Moon, Brown Trash)
USA NORTON £12

GENE TAYLOR with C.C JEROME'S JET SETTERS - LET ME RIDE IN YOUR AUTOMOBILE
(This Gene Taylor's 4th solo album and it's the rockinest one, just like a cocktail of his work with The Blasters during their 1980's Los Angeles heyday and from his later years with The Fabulous Thunderbirds down In Austin Texas. Fantastic piano boogie rock 'n' roll, including: Evangeline Stomp, Rockin' Little Honey, Just A Midnight Girl, Seven Nights To Rock, The Walkout, Shirley Jean, Motorhead Baby, Title)
EL TORO £12

CHERRY TESS & HER RHYTHM SPARKS - ROC-A-CHICKA
(14 new female r&b influenced rompers, incs..Title, Baby I'm Gone, I Thought I Told You Not To Tell Him, The Wobble, What Did You Want Of Me, Rock 'n' Roll In The Groove, It's A Sin, Call It A Day)
ENVIKEN £10

CONWAY TWITTY - THE BALLADS OF
(This exclusive compilation is drawn from his recordings for Sun, Mercury, and MGM Records between 1956 and 1963. 33 originals, incs..It's Only Make Believe, I'll Try, The Story Of My Life, Just In Time, Judge Of Hearts, First Romance, I Need You So, Heavenly, Halfway To Heaven, Blueberry Hill, Restless, You Win Again, Blue Moon, Lonely Blue Boy, What A Dream, Unchained Melody, Lookin' Back, Is A Blue Bird Blue, Pledging My Love, C'est Si Bon, Portrait Of A Fool, I Hope I Think I Wish, Knock Three Times, Lookin' Back)
BEAR FAMILY £15

FRANKIE VALLI - THIS IS MY STORY- THE EARLY YEARS 1953 - 1959
(2 CD set, 40 TRACKS FROM The Four Season, incs..Ny Mother's Eyes, The Laugh's On Me, Forgive & Forget, Honey Love, Jamalaya, Happy Am I, Be Lovey Dovey, Shake A Hand, Never Never, The Stranger, Night Train, Diddley Diddley Babe, Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Joy Ride, Such A Night, This Is My Story, I Go Ape, Pucker Up, If You Care, Angel Cried, Real This Is Real, Please Don't Leave)
U.K JASMINE £10

GENE VINCENT - RACING, BOPPING, JUMPING & ROCKING 1956 - 1959
(2 CD set, 64 CAPITOL masters, incs..Be-Bop-A-Lula, Woman Love, Race With The Devil, Bluejean Bop, Who Slapped John, I Flipped, Crazy Legs, Jump Back Honey, Cruisin', Five Days Five Days, Jumps Giggles & Shouts, Unchained Melody, Dance To The Bop, Wear My Ring, Rollin' Danny, Your Cheatin' Heart, Pink Thunderbird, It's No Lie, Flea Brain, Brand New Beat, Well I Knocked Bim Bam, Baby Blue, Git It, Summertime, I Love You, In Love Again, Say Mama, Crazy Times, Hot Dollar, Right Now...etc etc etc - GREAT SET)
U.K JASMINE £10

JEAN VINCENT - ROCK WITH ME
(15 track re-issue of original 70s album by this hot UK female rocker, incs..Lucky Lips, Double Trouble, Rock With Me, Fractured, Outta My Mind, Say Mama, A Mess Of Blues, Sugar, Streetwise, Cool Radiator)
RAUCOUS £10

THE VISCOUNTS - HARLEM NOCTURNE - THE ROCKIN' SAX SOUND OF THE VISCOUNTS
(25 original BIG BEAT instrumentals, incs..Title, 45 & extended versions, Chug-A-Lug, I Cover The Waterfront, Dig, The Touch, Night Train, Summertime, Viscount Rock, So Slow, Night Flight, Marks Mood, Opus 1, Shadrack, This Place, Ballin' The Jack, A Girl Like You, When Johnny Comes Marching Home, Along The Navajo Trail, September Song) (note: cdr)
STYLUS £10

SONNY WEST - BIG CITY WOMAN
(14 brand new rockers from this Texan legend - ALSO COMES WITH A REPRO 45rpm SINGLE OF HIS LEGENDARY 1956 ROCKBILLY MONSTER ''ROCK-OLA RUBY'' & ''SWEET ROCKIN' BABY''. The CD includes: Title, That's All She Wrote, Broken Hearted, Sweet Rockin' Baby, Long Time With The Wine, Rave On, Rock-Ola Ruby, The Rave Is Gone, I've Had It, Where Am I, Oh Boy, Call Me The Breeze, Mambo Cut Boogie, Sugar Hill, - GATEFOLD SLEEVE - DE-LUXE EDITION - LOVELY COLLECTABLE SET)
SLEAZY £12

THE WILD GONERS - GOT WHAT IT TAKES
(hot new guitar & slap-bass rockers, incs..Black Smoke & Blue Tears, Title, Rock Del Tom Tom, If I Ain't Got You, Boppin' Wig Wam Willie, Rovin' Days, Wild Side Of Life, There'll Come A Time)
SLEAZY £10

SLIM WILLET - A COLD CAN OF BEER
(30 hillbilles & boppers from Star-Talent & 4 Star labels, incs..I'm Going Strong, Title, I Call You Stingy, Hadacol Corners, Come Sundown, Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes, Tall Men, Love Me Baby, Mata Hari, The Red Rose, If Winter Comes, Hungry Slim, When We Grow Old, Villa Cuna)
U.K BACM £10

THE YOUNGERS - OUT OF THE BORDER
(13 new guitar instro's, incs..C.A.B, The Chase, Callado, Ivea's Polka, Dead Man In The Forest, Little Wing, Parahody, John Doe, Sona, Eye Of The Tiger, Title, Moliendo Café)
TWANGSVILLE £13

VARIOUS ARTISTS COMPILATIONS

THE GOLDEN AGE OF AMERICAN ROCK 'N' ROLL VOLUME 12
(The latest, eagerly anticipated instalment in Ace's widely-acclaimed, long-running flagship series. 30 tracks from Bo Diddley, The Storey Sisters, Bill Justis, The Rays, Jimmy Jones, James Ray, The Dovells, Slim Harpo, Larry Williams, The 5 Royales, John Zacherle, Timmie Rogers, Etta & Harvey, Conway Twitty, Charlie Gracie, Roy Brown, Marvin Rainwater, Dick Dale, Jerry Butler, John Lee Hooker, Arthur Alexander, Lavern Baker, The Crystals, The 3 Friends, Marv Johnson)
U.K ACE £11

THE LONDON AMERICAN LABEL - YEAR BY YEAR - 1959
(4th in the series, 28 tracks issued on the London label in 1959, incs..Fats Domino, Della Reese, Clyde McPhatter, Jerry Keller, Johnny Cash, The Coasters, Julie London, Sammy Turner, Chuck Berry, Ruth Brown, Dee Clark, Eddie Cochran, Bo Diddley, Lavern Baker, Jimmie Clanton, Ray Charles, Wink Martindale, Jerry Lee lewis, Sanford Clark, Jimmy Isles, Chuck Willis, Bobby Darin, Jimmy & The Night Hoppers, Gary Stites, Duane Eddy, Johhny & The Hurricanes)
U.K ACE £11

THEME TIME RADIO HOUR SEASON 3 - WITH YOUR HOST BOB DYLAN
(2 CD set, 50 more tracks drawn from Bob Dylan's third season of Theme Time Radio Hour and once more it is as eclectic a mix of music as you'll find anywhere. Incs..Bobby 'Blue'Bland, Cliff Bruner, Jesse Winchester, Elvis Presley, Sanford Clark, Billy Butler, Professor Longhair, Jerry Lee Lewis, Annie Ross, Jerry McCain, Toots & The Maytals, The Latin Playboys, The Crickets, Buddy Guy, O.V Wright, Johnny Paycheck, Sarah Vaughan, Fats Domino, Mel Blanc, Cripple Clarence Lofton, Fred Astaire, Eric Bogle, Bonnie Raitt, Willie Nelson, Woody Gutherie, Bessie Banks, The 4 Deuces, Big Boy Groves)
U.K ACE £16

MOSTLY GHOSTLY - MORE HORROR FOR HALLOWEEN
(24 more blood-curdling aural 'shocks' which are guaranteed to make any party go with a bang! The Ghouls, Screaming Lord Sutch, The Symbols, Jumpin' Gene Simmons, John Zacherle, Ronnie Cook & The Gaylads, The Zanies, Chuck Holden, Roy Clark, Boots Walker, Terry Teen, Art Roberts, The Moontrekkers, Lord Luther, Rod Willis, The Monotones, Screaming Jay Hawkins, The Last Word, Morgus & The Three Ghouls, Gene Moss & The Monsters)
U.K ACE £11

BIG BAD HILLBILLY BOPPERS VOLUME 1
(2 CD set, 64 original tracks from Red Smith, Jimmy Dickens, Dick Stratton, Freddie Hart, Tommy Sosebee, Bill Flagg, Jack Guthrie, Pete Nantz, Uncle Alvis, Chuck Carroll, Cliff Johnson, Hank Penny, Lattie Moore, The Louvin Brothers, Hank Mizell, Earl Songer, Bob Center, Roy Wayne, Chuck Bowers, Jim Eanes, The Tunesmiths, Dave Rich, Bill Browning, Onie Wheeler, Dusty Owens, Wayne Raney, Sid Silver, Bobby Rutledge, The Carlisles, Country Boy Eddie, Jimmy Work, Lew Williams, Al Urban, Davis Sisters, Eddie Hill, Curtis Gordon, The Sundown Playboys, Truitt Force, Eddie Cletro, The Kershaws, Merle Ray, Gene Henslee)
PRESTO £10

HILLBILLY BOP, BOOGIE & THE HONKY TONK BLUES VOL 4 - 1956 - 1957
(2 cd set, 48 great originals, incs..Chuck Ray & His Gang, Alden Holloway & His Praire Ramblers, Sandy Walker, Jack Morris, Whitey Knight, Roy Counts, Gene McGown, Jack Tucker, Glen Rice, Dusty Ward, Jody McGeary, Johnny DeChaine, Ramblin' Everett, Bill Brock, The Nettles Sisters, Bud Hobbs, Johnny Gittar, Phil Brown & Bill Woods Band, Kenny Brown, Johnny Henderson, George Rich, Tex Holland, Glen Goff, Norma McCall, Dallas Wilson, Lucky Lee, Wes Buchanan)
U.K JASMINE £12

ROCKIN' IN THE JUNGLE
(24 original USA rockers to do with 'The Jungle', incs..Bill Haley, Hank Mizell, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kip Tyler, Dave Bartholomew, The Playboys, Glen Reeves, The Velvet Angels, The Big Bopper, The Eternals, Jimmy Murphy, Bo Diddley, Hot Lips Page, Hank Thompson, The Cadets, Guitar Gable, Eddy Seacrest, Charlie Feathers, Smokey Joe, Nervous Norvus, Big T. Tyler)
UK VIPER £10

ABBOTT LABEL HILLBILLY
(31 tracks of 1950s rural boppers, incs..Smiley Burnette, Bob Davis, Hillbilly Barton, Freddie Frank, Buddy DeVal, Jim Reeves, Johnny Horton & Hillbilly Barton, Myrna Lorrie, Rudy Grayzell, Carolyn Bradshaw, T Tommy Cutrer, Sandy Coker, Dorsey Burnette, Curtis Kirk, Herb Henson & Joyce Yours, Billy Barton & Wanda Wayne, Alvadean Coker, Bob Stegall)
USA CACTUS £10

THE BEST OF THE ALLSTAR LABEL - 1953 - 1964
(25 Texas hillbilly & rockabilly bops from Red Mansel, Daniel James, The Gay Brothers, Earl Aycock, Tommy Trent, Johnny Watson, Eddie Noack x 5, Johnny Bush, Jerry Jericho, Link Davis, Larry Butler, Kenny Everett, Don Chathey, Hank Mizell & Jim Bobo)
USA CHIEF £11

I HATE CHERRIES
(The middle-1950s gave rise to a re-birth of the big-voiced female blues shouters who had first been heard on records some three decades earlier with the arrival of Ma Rainey, Bessie Smith and many others who followed in their footsteps. In the immediate aftermath of World War II, cocktail jazz and torchy ballad singers seemed to predominate among the femme record names, what with the popularity of Nellie Lutcher, Dinah Washington, at al holding sway with the record buying public. But the brand of jump blues pioneered by Louis Jordan and his followers also gave rise to the return of full-throated female warblers which seemed fully underway by 1953, when Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thornton and Big Maybelle Smith scored their Top 10 R&B successes with "Hound Dog" and "Gabbin' Blues" among others.This CD compilation attempts to survey some of the less-conspicuous examples of big-voiced female R&B shouters.Incs..Rebecca Lea, Helen Foster, Diana Cole, Pearl Woods, Linda Hayes, Ruth McFadden, Sugar & Spice, Dakota Staton, Beverly Wright, Anita Tucker, Bee Bee Queen, Blanche Thomas, The Gay Charmers, Vikki Nelson, Vicki Evans, Chubby Newsome, Anne Kaye, Dorothy Forbes with David Clowney's Orch)
SLEAZY RECORDS £10

HEY BEACH GIRL S - FEMALE SURF 'N' DRAG 1961 - 1966
(To bridge the gap between volumes of "Where The Girls Are", the guys who curate that series have taken Stephen J McParland's book Bikinis, Black Denim & Bitchen Sounds as their inspiration to dream up this fun new diversion to tide girl group buffs over. It'll fill a few gaps in the collections of aficionados of surf, drag and hot rod music too, no doubt. Includes: Donna Loren, Susan Lynne, The Honey's, Little Pattie, & The Statesman, The Fleetwoods, The Wailers with The Marshans, The King Pins, Ellie Gee & The Jets, Hal Blaine & The Young Cougars, The Westwoods, The Supremes, The Beach Girls, The Surfettes, Dee Dee sharp, Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes, The Angels, The Orlons, Carol Connors, Andrea Carroll)
U.K ACE £11

THE ACE STORY VOLUME 2
(The five original vinyl volumes of "The Ace Story" were among the best (and best received) vinyl albums of this Ace's formative years. Johnny Vincent's Ace label was the jumping-off point for our own efforts to preserve rock'n'roll and R&B history. Johnny was among the first to license repertoire to us, more than 30 years ago, and it's a pleasure to bring a selection of his fabulous New Orleans-produced good-time music back home. Each volume will contain the original vinyl "Ace Story" compilation, expanded to 24 tracks with the addition of tracks which complement the series. Includes:Junior Gordon, Lightnin' Hopkins, Mercy Baby, Frankie Ford, The Blue Dots, Joe Dyson, Little Shelton, Huey Piano Smith, Little Booker, Sammy Myers, Frankie Lee Sims, Earl King, The Supremes, Joe & Ann, Big Boy Myles)
U.K ACE £11

THEN 1955
(28 hits from 1955, incs..Bill Haley, Frankie Vaughan, Boyd Bennett, Eddie Calvert, Pat Boone, Crew Cuts, The McGuire Sisters, Rosemary Clooney, Dickie Valentine, The Stargazers, Dean Martin, Mitch Miller, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Frankie Laine, Slim Whitman, The Johnston Brothers, Cyril Stapleton, Tony Bennett, The 4 Aces, Ruby Murray, Royal Air Force Band)
U.K FUTURE NOISE £8

WILD ROCK 'N' ROLL - THE REAL DEAL - JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT GETS
(2 CD set, 64 KILLER WILD ROCKERS - all original recordings - FANTASTIC SET FOR THE CAR - includes: Jerry Byrne, Mickey Hawks, Ronnie Pearson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Rusty York, Gene Vincent, Scotty McKay, Jimmy Dee, Billy Brown, Ronnie Self, Chuck Wiley, Jesse James, Dale Hawkins, Billy Carroll, Lou Graham, Ivan, Paul Chaplain, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard, Ba Ba Thomas, Bobby Freeman, Don & Dewey, Young Jessie, Larry Williams, Big Danny Oliver, Esquerita, Roy Brown, Big T Tyler, Mad Man Taylor, Amos Milburn, The Blonde Bomber, Big Al Downing, Little Ike, Dee Clark, Piano Slim, Rudy Greene, Big Bob, G.L Crockett, Roy Clark, Jesse Lee Turner, Billy Lee Riley, Buddy Covelle, Marie Knight, Screaming Joe Neal)
SMITH & CO £8

ROCK BOP BOOGIE / ROCK 'N' ROLL PILLS
(2 CD set, at long last these legendary SUN label vinyl LPs see their first release on CD, compiled by legendary French rocker Ding Dong who trawled the Sun vaults to locate these killer un-issued recordings - 2 LPs will be issued on each release - covering the complete set of 15 albums. On this 2nd release are Wade & Dick, Smokey Joe Baugh, Barbara Pittman, The Miller Sisters, Dean Beard, Harold (Conway Twitty) Jenkins, Carl Perkins, Malcolm Yelvington, Macy Skipper, Jimmy Williams, Carl McVoy, Jean Chapel, The Kirby Sisters, Maggie Sue Wimberly)
U.K SNAPPER £10

A ROCKET IN MY POCKET - THE HIPSTER'S GUIDE TO ROCKABILLY MUSIC
(Here are a couple of fistfuls of tracks from the wild side of rockabilly. Over the years many 50s cuts have been issued under the rockabilly banner that would have been better described as country or hillbilly. These, however, are the real deal: hopped-up, whiskey-fuelled songs of teenage rebellion, sung by untamed rockers who probably never expected their careers to last the week. Incs..Allen page, Benny Ingram, Bob Doss, Carl Perkins, Charlie Feathers, Dale Vaughn, Don Cole, Echo Valley Boys, Elvis Presley, Gene Maltais, Jimmy Carroll, Jimmy & Johnny, Jackie Morningstar, Hal Harris, Mel Robbins, Ray Harris, Johnny Burmette Trio, Don Willis, Junior Thompson, Ronnie Self, Sonny Fisher, Ric Cartey, Rocky Bill Ford, Roy Burk & The Bell Bottoms, Wanda Jackson)
U.K ACE £11

EMBASSY LABEL TEEN FAVOURITES VOLUME 4
(30 late 50s - early 60s rockin' teeners from UK Woolworths label, incs..Bobby Stevens, Terry Brandon & Beatmen, James Wright Orch, Mike Redway, Kim Davey, Rikki Henderson, Paul Rich, Happy Knights Jazz Band, Marian Williams, Gordon Peters Quartet, Johnny Worth, Bobby Stevens & Redd Wayne, The Starlings, Joan Baxter, Julien Ruben)
ESPRESSO £10

TEEN ROCKIN' PARTY VOLUME 2
(28 original USA/UK teen rockers, incs..Johnny Christmas, Roy Clark, Tina Robin, Johnny Gentle, Doug Wray, Charlie Gracie, Sandy Gobel, Tony Pastor Jr, Wally Lewis, Del Reeves, Deane Hawley, Joan Temple, Sonny Williams, Diana Lee, Mark Dinning, Larry Kirby, Terry Wayne, Paul Hampton, Bob Riley, Norma Lee, Bobby Comstock, Luther Dixon, Chuck Royal)
CLASSICS £12

TEENAGE TIME VOLUME 9
(29 rare USA Teeners from Dickey Lee, Ray & Lindy, Doug & Freddy, The Jades, Jimmy Inman, Jimmie Helms, Bobby Vinton, Johnny & The Shy Guys, Charles Heinz, Jerry Cox, Chet Powers, Dean Reed, Davy Douglas, Gene Princeton, Lou Josie, Johnny October, Scott Miller, Del Reeves, Joey Brooks, Gene Bua, Dick Glasser, Mark Taylor, Johnny Ferguson, Doug Powell, Wayne Powers)
CLASSICS £12

HAZY MEMORIES VOLUME 5
(31 tracks from the early 60s, includes: Davy Jones - dream girl, Johnny Rebb, The Allen Brothers, The Delltones, Tony Brady, Frankie Davidson, Sonny James, Dave Bridge, Patsy Ann Noble, Ray Peterson, Diana Trask, Warren Williams, Lucky Starr, Jimmie Rodgers, Burl Ives, Jerry Wallace, Andy Rose, The Reflections, Lorne Greene, Julie Rogers)
Aussie CANETOAD £13

TWISTED TALES VOLUME 3
(Beatin' on the Bars, a compilation of off-the-wall prison songs, including...The Travelin' Texans, Curley Ray Benson, Sanford Clark, Wray Brothers, Jimmy Minor, Lee Hazelwood, Bill Carter, Blankenship Brothers, Hylo Brown, Gray Williams, Jack Barlow, Johnny Starr, Jaycee Hill, Tommy Faile, Stonewall Jackson, Eddie Noack, Johnny Bond, Bobby Skyles, Howard Crockett, Troy Crane, Tom Edwards, Freddie Hart, Tommy Dee, Willie Swanson, Roy Montague, Horace Heller, Country Johnny Mathis, Bennie Hess)
USA TRAILER PARK £12

TWISTED TALES VOLUME 4
(33 trax, a quirky compilation of anti-hippie ballads from the sixties, including...Johnny Buckett, Vic Woodward & Claudia, Smokey Harless, Red River Dave, Guy Drake, Wayne Satkamp, Don Bowman, Wild Bill Cooksy, Homer & Jethro, Ben Colder, Autry Inman, Buck Jones, Bud Freeman, Phil Phillips, Johnny Price, Larry Kirby, Harry Snyder, Bill Woods, Alvie Self, Stu Mitchell)
USA TRAILER PARK £12

RCA-VICTOR RHYTHM & BLUES VOLUME 3
(22-track collection of early 1950s jump blues, city blues and doo-wop obscurities, incs..Erskine Hawkins & Orch, Blow Top Lynn & His House Rockers, The Robins, Terry Timmons, Jimmy Lewis, Big John Greer, Billy Bunn & His Buddies, The Heartbreakers, Johnny Moore's Three Blazers, Bob Williams, The 4 Clefs, Micki Williams, Otis Blackwell, Deep River Boys)
USA RCA £12

RCA-VICTOR RHYTHM & BLUES VOLUME 4
(22-track collection of early 1950s jump blues, city blues and doo-wop obscurities, incs..Benny Carter & His Orch, Melvin Smith, The Robins, Dossie Terry, The 5 Trumpets, The Jackson Brothers, Eddie Sugarman Penigar, Gene Parrish, Rene Hall Orchestra, Erskine Hawkins, The Starlight Spiritual Singers, Rudy Traylor, Gene Gilbeaux, Big John Greer, Terry Timmons)
USA RCA £12

RARE BLUES GIRLS ON KING VOLUME 1
(22 tracks collection of vintage R&B from the 1940s-1950s, including...Tina Dixon, Big Maybelle, Marion Abernathy, Mabel Smith, Sarah McLawler, Flo Garvin with Jimmy Coe Orch, Bixie Crawford with Buddy Banks & His Notes, Gene Redd & His Orch with Valerie Carr, Aletra Hampton & Duke Hampton & His Orch, Mabel Scott)
USA OFFICIAL £12

RARE BLUES GIRLS ON KING VOLUME 2
(22 tracks collection of vintage R&B from the 1940s-50s, including...Marion Abernathy, Mabel Smith & Hot Lips Page, Martha Moore, Camille Howard, Sarah McLawler, Tina Dixon with The Gene Nero Sextet, Lou Elliott with Erskine Hawkins Orch, Big Maybelle)
USA OFFICIAL £12

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE BLUES - DETROIT
(3 CD set of Detroit blues & boogies, incs..Calvin Frazier, Sampson Pittman, Robert Richard, Slim Pickens, Walter Mitchell, Sylvester Cotton, Detroit Count, Andrew Dunham, Joe Van Battle, James Taylor, Baby Boy Warren, John Brim, John Lee Hooker, Eddie Kirkland, Eddie Burns, Big Maceo, Robert Henry, Playboy Fuller, L.C Green, Sam Kelly, Johnny Howard, One String Sam, Washboard Willie, T.J Fowler, Sonny Wilson, Little Miss Sharecropper, Harvey Hill, The Kool Kats, Joe Weaver, Alberta Adams)
FUTURE NOISE £10

HAVE YOU SEEN MY BABY - EMBER SIXTIES POP VOLUME 4 - 1964 - 1966
(25 tracks taken from 3 rare Ember label LPs & some un-issued recordings, incs.. The Washington DC's x 6, Ray Singer x 8, Grant Tracy x 2, Marcus Tro x 6, Chad & Jeremy x 3)
U.K FANTASTIC VOYAGE £8

ROCKABILLY RULES...O.K - VOLUME 1
(15 modern rockers from The Taggytones, Darrel Higham, Jean Vincent, The Sabrejets, Rockin' Johnny Austin, The Top Cats, The King Drapes, The Farrell Brothers, Lucky 13, Shotgun, Restless, The Wildkatz, The Go-Katz, Deuces Wild)
RAUCOUS £10

WE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD - A TRIBUTE TO BRITISH ROCK 'N' ROLL
(25 modern covers of classic British Rock 'n' Roll tunes, incs..John Leyton, Bob Butfoy (jack rabbit slim), The Ugly Dog Skiffle Combo, Kidd Kane & The Pirates, The Flames, Jack Rabbit Slim. Howlin' Wilson, Paul Swift, Bill Fadden, Graham Fenton & The Western All-Stars, McNasty's Unsavoury Six)
WESTERN STAR £10

SADOIN SAHKOKITAROIN - SUOMALAISET RAUTALANKALEVYTYKSET 1961-1968 - FINNISH INSTRUMENTAL RECORDS VOLUME 3
(31 rare instro's 1961 - 1968, incs..The Adventurers x 5, Herbert Katz x 2, Heikki Laurila x 5, The Strings x 2, The Esquires x 2, The Avengers x 2, The Savages x 2, The Vostok All-Stars x 2, The Beats x 1, The Mondangos x 1, The Savages x 2, Olle Wiberg x 2, The Sounds x 2, Tauno Suojasen Kitarayhtye)
POWER £15

30 USA 60's SURF 'N DRAG INSTRUMENTALS
(21 surf tracks taking all 8 instros from the 1963 Live Surf Fair in Santa Monica plus choice cuts from albums by the Neptunes, Tides, Spinners and New Dimensions. 9 hot rod/drag tracks from Ruby Short & his Dragsters, the Ghouls & the Tokens.Very few of these 30 tracks have ever surfaced on CD before - KILLER RELEASE FOR THE INSTRO BUFFS) (note: cdr)
U.K STYLUS £10

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
twister (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:latest cd's for info !! 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
Looks like a bunch of great rockers released by this autumn.

Samtom (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
More latest cd's for info !! 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
DANA GILLESPIE - I REST MY CASE
Ace's resident diva, Dana Gillespie, returns with her first studio blues album for the label since 2003's 'Staying Power'.

All 13 tracks are written by Dana, either on her own or with members of her top-notch band. Dana has told us that she thinks it's the best record she's made for several years and we think it's cracking.

It's a potent mix of her tough-and-witty blues stompers (Funk Me, It's Hot!) together with some lyrical ballads that touch on the heartache of break up and loss. All are shot through with Dana's characteristic wit. Full lyrics are included in the booklet.

Track listing:
1. FUNK ME, IT'S HOT!, 2. IT'S GONNA BE A LONG NIGHT, 3. TWENTY FOUR SEVEN, 4. WHEN CRIES BECOME SIGHS, 5. YOUR LOVE IS TRUE, 6. STRANGE ARE THE WAYS OF LOVE, 7. GAME OVER , 8. THE HOUSE OF THE BLUES, 9. GUILTY AS HELL, 10. I REST MY CASE, 11. WALL-TO-WALL LOVE, 12. UNIFY, 13. COULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, WOULD'VE)

U.K ACE £11

HEY BEACH GIRLS - FEMALE SURF 'N' DRAG 1961 - 1966
To bridge the gap between volumes of 'Where The Girls Are', the guys who curate that series have taken Stephen J McParland's book Bikinis, Black Denim & Bitchen Sounds as their inspiration to dream up this fun new diversion to tide girl group buffs over. It'll fill a few gaps in the collections of aficionados of surf, drag and hot rod music too, no doubt.

The influence of California's Beach Boys permeates 'Hey, Beach Girls!' as it did the world of music in 1963. Brian Wilson and his cohorts had not long zoomed to the Top 3 with 'Surfin' USA' when an opportunist East Coast record company exec with his eye on the latest pop fads concocted a plan to grab a piece of the action. Bestowing the Surfer Girls moniker on a new young female trio, he ushered them into the studio to cut 'Draggin' Wagon' to the very same tune.

Over in Paris, France's top girl group Les Gam's flipped over the same Beach Boys platter to give 'Shut Down' their inimitable yé-yé treatment and in Australia teenager Little Pattie stormed the charts with 'He's My Blonde-Headed, Stompie Wompie, Real Gone Surfer Guy'.

It's doubtful that much surfing went on in Detroit, but the Supremes dipped their toes in the water with 'Surfer Boy', one of two numbers they got to sing in the movie Beach Ball. In Philadelphia, epicentre of dance craze culture, the Orlons and Dee Dee Sharp took a break from the watusi and the mashed potato to cut tracks for the rare 'Everybody's Goin' Surfin'' LP: 'Surfin'' and 'Riding The Waves' make their CD debut here.

Other highlights include hideously obscure and collectable decks from the Westwoods, the Fleetwoods, the Beach Girls, Ellie Gee (short for Greenwich, natch) & the Jets, the Surfettes and Andrea Carroll, all of whose contributions are also new to CD. Not forgetting, of course, Ginger, Diane and Brian Wilson's wife Marilyn, otherwise known as the Honeys, without whom no surfing girls compilation would be complete.

Track listing:
1. CYCLE SET - Donna Loren, 2. DON'T DRAG NO MORE - Susan Lynne, 3. HEY BEACH BOY - Andrea Carroll, 4. SHOOT THE CURL - The Honeys, 5. PRAY FOR SURF - The Honeys, 6. HE'S MY BLONDE-HEADED, STOMPIE WOMPIE, REAL GONE SURFER GUY - Little Pattie & The Statesmen, 7. SURFER'S PLAYMATE - The Fleetwoods, 8. DRAG RACE JOHNNY - Little Pattie & The Statesmen, 9. WE'RE GOIN' SURFIN' - The Wailers With The Marshans, 10. ROD HOT ROD - The King Pins, 11. BEACH BLANKET BINGO - Donna Loren, 12. RED CORVETTE - Ellie Gee & The Jets, 13. LONELY LITTLE BEACH GIRL - Carol Connors, 14. ATTENTION! ACCIDENT (SUR AUTOROUTE DE L'OUEST) - Les Gam's, 15. (DANCE WITH THE) SURFIN' BAND - Hal Blaine & The Young Cougars, 16. YOUR BABY'S GONE SURFIN' - Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes, 17. DRAGGIN' WAGON - The Surfer Girls, 18. (YOU CAN'T TAKE) MY BOYFRIEND'S WOODY - The Angels, 19. SURFIN' - The Orlons, 20. I MISS MY SURFER BOY TOO - The Westwoods, 21. WILL YOU LOVE ME (LIKE YOU DID LAST SUMMER) - The Westwoods, 22. SURFER BOY - The Supremes, 23. SAMMY THE SIDEWALK SURFER - The Surfettes, 24. HE'S MY SURFIN' GUY - The Beach Girls, 25. RIDING THE WAVES - Dee Dee Sharp)

U.K ACE £11

THE ACE STORY VOLUME 2
Another uproarious helping of good time, mostly New Orleans-recorded R&B and rock'n'roll from the vaults of Ace Records of Jackson, Mississippi.

The first dozen tracks were released by Ace almost 30 years ago as the vinyl volume 2 in this series. For the CD generation we've added a further dozen of the best sides from Johnny Vincent's Ace catalogue.

Mastered mostly from fresh transfers of original US Ace master tapes and sounding better than ever, most of this material has been unavailable on CD for ten years and some tracks have never been on legit CD at all.

Extensively annotated and with a generous smattering of label shots and contemporary ephemera, this happy hour of golden age rhythm and blues upholds the high standard of volume one and still leaves plenty more delights in store for the remaining three volumes, to be reissued during 2011.

Track listing:
1. BLOW WIND BLOW - Junior Gordon, 2. BAD BOOGIE - Lightnin' Hopkins, 3. SILLY DILLY WOMAN - Mercy Baby, 4. ROBERTA - Frankie Ford, 5. I LOVE TO ROCK'N'ROLL - Eddie Bo, 6. ROCKIN' BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN - Bobby Marchan, 7. PLEASE DON'T TELL 'EM - The Blue Dots, 8. MERCY - Gene & Al's Spacemen, 9. SEA CRUISE - Little Shelton, 10. LOOPED - Joe Dyson, 11. EDUCATED FOOL - Charles Brown & Amos Milburn, 12. GO JIMMY GO (MONO SINGLE MIX) - Jimmy Clanton. BONUS TRACKS: 13. WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT (I HAVE A COLD) - Huey 'Piano' Smith & His Clowns, 14. TEENAGE ROCK - Little Booker, 15. SLEEPING IN THE GROUND - Sammy Myers, 16. MY TALK DIDN'T DO ANY GOOD - Frankie Lee Sims, 17. I WANT TO BE YOUR MAN - Frankie Ford, 18. LITTLE GIRL - Earl King, 19. HONEY HONEY - The Supremes, 20. CHICKIE WAH WAH - Bobby Marchan, 21. I TRUSTED YOU - Jimmy Clanton & His Rockets, 22. NEW ORLEANS - Big Boy Myles, 23. CURIOSITY - Joe & Ann, 24. THE SECOND LINE - Huey & Curley)

U.K ACE £11

MOSTLY GHOSTLY - MORE HORROR FOR HALLOWEEN
Ace proudly presents its second Halloween collection. 'These Ghoulish Things' (CDCHD 1070) was released in 2005 and went on to become one of our top sellers. 'Mostly Ghostly' is an eagerly awaited and long overdue follow-up and we are proud to present 24 more blood-curdling aural 'shocks' which are guaranteed to make any party go with a bang! As you would expect - this release has all of the familiar Ace hallmarks of a fine track selection, attention to detail and irresistible artwork; all rolled into one potent package. Sales for this CD are by no means confined to the October Halloween period: there will be a demand for it throughout each and every year, making it a hardy perennial and there may even be a Volume 3 one day! More than half of the content is new to CD and highlights include the previously elusive Cameo Parkway favourite - 'Dinner With Drac'; legendary Rockabilly classics - 'The Cat' and 'The Goo Goo Muck' and Rock'n'Roll club staple - 'Night Of The Vampire'. C rank up the volume and scare the wits out of your neighbours. Annotated by Rob Finnis.

Track listing:
1. DRACULA'S THEME - The Ghouls, 2. TIL' THE FOLLOWING NIGHT - Screaming Lord Sutch & The Savages, 3. DO THE ZOMBIE - The Symbols, 4. HAUNTED HOUSE - Jumpin' Gene Simmons, 5. DINNER WITH DRAC - John Zacherle, 6. THE GOO GOO MUCK - Ronnie Cook & The Gaylads, 7. THE MAD SCIENTIST - Zanies, 8. THE CAVE - Chuck Holden, 9. SPOOKY MOVIES - Roy Clark, 10. THEY'RE HERE - Boots Walker, 11. BLACK AND HAIRY - Screaming Lord Sutch, 12. THE HEARSE - Terry Teen, 13. TERRIBLE IVAN - Art Roberts, 14. NIGHT OF THE VAMPIRE - The Moontrekkers, 15. THE MUMMY - The Naturals, 16. I WAS A TEENAGE CREATURE - Lord Luther, 17. THE CAVE - Gary Spider Webb, 18. THE CAT - Rod Willis, 19. ZOMBI - The Monotones, 20. ALLIGATOR WINE - Screamin' Jay Hawkins, 21. MORGUS THE MAGNIFICENT - Morgus & The Three Ghouls, 22. SLEEPY HOLLOW - The Last Word, 23. ROCKIN' ZOMBIE - The Crewnecks, 24. I WANT TO BITE YOUR HAND - Gene Moss & The Monsters)

U.K ACE £11

THE FLAMES - THE VERSATILE
Lone Rider Records are pleased to announce the CD release of 'The Versatile Flames'. This album marks the solo debut of this 'versatile' and popular rock 'n' roll group on Lone Rider Records and follows the successful Lone Rider Records CD releases of ' John Leyton & The Flames' and 'Twangs For The Melody'.

'The Versatile Flames' recognizes the groups 22 years performing Rock 'n' Roll across the UK and in Europe. All tracks on the CD are making their CD debut. Some of the tracks having been originally released on now long deleted cassettes and vinyl. 'The Versatile Flames' brings 'The Flames' story up to date with many of the tracks having been recorded in 2010.

The CD also contains tracks that were recorded from the 'sound -desk' at one of 'The Flames' first concert appearances in 1988 when performing at The Riviera Centre in Torquay on the same bill as Buddy Holly's 'Original' Crickets.

Track listing:
Saturday Nite At The Duck-Pond, Walk, Don't Run, Golden Earrings, Wipe Out, Telstar , Apache, Sleepwalk, Riders In The Sky, Kon Tiki, It's Too Late Now, Stay, The Girl Can't Help It, Running Around, Brand New Cadillac, Let's Go Boppin' Tonight, Runaway, I'll Never Get Over You, Feelin', Big Blon' Baby, Poor Boy Blues, Tulane, Shakin' All Over (live) Amersham 10.4.2010, Boogie Woogie Country Girl

Collectors Bonus Tracks: Ramrod (live) Riviera Centre, Torquay 19.3.1988, Pointed Toe Shoes (live) -do-, Matchbox (live) -do-, Rockin' Daddy (live) Jive Inn, Manchester 26.1.1997, Watchdog (live) - do-, Tear It Up (live) -do-
*Tracks previously unreleased in any format)

LONE RIDER £10

TEEN SCENE VOLUME 7
(28 rare USA Teeners)

Track listing:
1. Four Leaf Clover - DON CRAWFORD, 2. With Tears In My Eyes - BUDDY MILLER, 3. Baby Why Did You Have To Go - BOB & Rockabillies, 4. Just Seventeen - JERRY & Del Fi's, 5. Talkin To My Self - HARRY HEAD, 6. Desire - Larry Lee & Leesures, 7. Lucky Johnny - JERRY HAWKINS, 8. I Don't Want To Stay Home - TONY PENN, 9. Suzie What You Said To Me - JOHNNY COOK, 10. The Only Boy On The Beach - DAVE HILL, 11. Kentucky - LEE, Larry Lee & Leesures, 12. One Little Heart - Nick Terry & Toy Terriers, 13. Gee Whiz I Love You - BIG C, 14. White Bucks - RONNIE PRICE, 15. That's Tuff - ROBIN & Three Hoods, 16. Sandra - WILLIE ZANGO, 17. A King Or A Fool - TONY PENN, 18. Countin' The Days - EDDY BELL, 19. Double Date - DEAN HUNTER, 20. Wild One - EPICS, 21. You've Got No Idea - Larry Lee & Leesures, 22. True Lovin' - LLOYD MAYNARD, 23. Teen-Age Beauty - Jimmy James & Candy Kanes, 24. Sharron, Oh Sharron - RONNIE & RICHIE, 25. My Love - EDDY CLERMONT, 26. Honey, Baby, Sugar - ROCK-A-TUNES, 27. Te enage Doll - Larry Lindsey & Lads, 28. (Hey Girl) Come Along With Me - BIG C)

DEE-JAY JAMBOREE £12

ROBIN LUKE - UNISSUED - STUDIO OUTTAKES
(15 rare original recordings - with alternate takes, and other rare recordings. Incs,,Chicka Chicka Honey x 2, Strolling Blues x 1, You Can't Stop Me From Dreaming x 2, Living's Lovin' You x 2, Susie Darlin' x 4, My Girl x 1, Won't You Please Be Mine x 2, Bad Boy - from 1960 American Bandstand Show)

INTERNATIONAL RECORDS £11

THE MILLER SISTERS - GOT YOU ON MY MIND
(Not to be confused with the same-named New York quintet. The Miller Sisters were in fact sisters-in-law Elsie Jo Wages-Miller and Mildred Millie Miller, a Mississippi duo whose breath-taking close vocal harmonies saw them record not only in their own right for Sam Phillips' label, but also grace the recordings of other Sun notables. Jo was married to guitarist Roy Miller, Millie's brother, and initially they performed as The Miller Trio in and around the Memphis area. The next stage in the evolution of C&W thrushes, theirs was a sound carved out in the honky-tonks of the South where traditional Country sentiment was beginning to give way to a harder edged rockin' sound. Blending their voices with seemingly effortless perfection, Phillips saw in the girls an opportunity to emulate The Davis Sisters' success, and the first of three singles, 'Someday You Will Pay' b/w 'You Didn't Think I Would', was released in Spring 1955. Two further discs followed, including the ever-popular 'Ten Cats Down', a fine example of Sun's mid-50s femme rocker sound. They can also be heard performing background vocals on Glenn Honeycutt and Cast King's recordings, as well as a demo by Gene Simmons, who is credited with introducing them into the Sun fold, tracks which are also included on this compliation. Includes: Somebody You Will Pay, You Didn't Think I Would, There's No Right Way To Do Me Wrong, Ten Cats Down, Finders Keepers, Woody, You Can Tell Me, My Isle Of Golden Dreams, It Only Hurts For A Little While, also includes tracks with Glenn Honeycutt, Cast King & Gene Simmons - with rare alternate versions)

SNAPPER £10

WILLIE MITCHELL - ORIGINAL RHYTHM & BLUES
(29 jump r&b rompers, doo-woppers with backing from The 4 Kings and a healthy slew of r&b instros, all from Memphis.)

Track listing:
Tell It To Me Baby, Hokin', Rag Mop (take 2), I Want You For Myself (take 1), One Mint Julep, I've Got A Right To Cry, Walking At Your Will (take 1), The Crawl, You Make Me Feel So Fine (Acapella), Stroll, I Want You For Myself (take 2), Bongo Beat, Yvonne, Tell It To Me Baby (Acapella), I Like It, Rag Mop (take 1), Thirty Five Thirty, Walking Alone, Do I Love You (Acapella), Willie's House Party, Walking At Your Will (take 2), I Want You For Myself (take 4), She Went Away (Acapella), Tanya, Come Back To Me, Star Of Love, Eternity, Walking At Your Will (Acapella), I Want You For Myself (take 3)

U.K STOMPER TIME £10

SONNY WEST - BIG CITY WOMAN
(In 1956 Sonny West bought a new Martin guitar and decided to have his name painted on it. Trying to make his name different from the numerous Jazz and Blues artists named Sonny, the idea of finding a different spelling sounded okay and that's how the painter put the name as Sonee West. When the time came for 'Rock-Ola Ruby' / 'Sweet Rockin' Baby' to be released as West's first record, the novelty spelling was kept, although it was Norman Petty who suggested the change back to the usual spelling for future releases. Now you have the change to own a cool repro credited to the right name for the very first time!! Fifty-four years after the legendary piece of wax came out. THE CD IS ALL NEW RECORDINGS.)

Track listing:
1. Big City Woman, 2. That's All She Wrote, 3. Broken Hearted, 4. Sweet Rockin' Baby, 5. Long Time With The Wine, 6. RockOla Ruby, 7. Rave On, 8. The Rave Is Gone, 9. I've Had It, 10. Where Am I, 11. Oh Boy, 12. Call Me The Breeze, 13. Mambo Cut Boogie, 14. Sugar Hill - GATEFOLD SLEEVE - DE-LUXE EDITION - LOVELY COLLECTABLE SET. ALSO COMES WITH A REPRO VINYL 45rpm SINGLE OF HIS LEGENDARY 1956 ROCKBILLY MONSTER ''ROCK-OLA RUBY'' & ''SWEET ROCKIN' BABY''

SLEAZY £12

IMELDA MAY - MAYHEM
The eagerly awaited album from one of Universal Music's newest priority artists - Imelda May. Featuring the huge singles 'Mayhem', 'Psycho' & 'Tainted Love'. This is punk-infused rockabilly from the coolest woman on the planet!

This album is made up of a fusion of surf guitars, blues and rockabilly - but with an edge that comes from some even more eclectic influences. The first single 'Psycho' channels the spirit of early PJ Harvey, whilst the heartbreakingly poignant 'Kentish Town Waltz' conjures an image of Chrissie Hynde at her most reflective. 'Mayhem', the upcoming single, clocking in at just under three minutes is a rockabilly whirlwind, showcasing Imelda’s bluesy vocals and rootsy sound.

Imelda says of her new album: ''I'm over the moon with how Mayhem has turned out - I hope people enjoy it. I feel I’ve made the album I wanted that reflects the spectrum of all my influences from music past but is a record firmly in the here & now''. Features Darrel Higham on guitar

Track listing:
1. Pulling The Rug, 2. Psycho, 3. Mayhem, 4. Kentish Town Waltz, 5. All For You, 6. Eternity, 7. Inside Out, 8. Proud And Humble, 9. Sneaky Freak, 10. Bury My Troubles, 11. Too Sad To Cry, 12. I'm Alive, 13. Let Me Out, 14. Tainted Love, 15. Mayhem)

UNIVERSAL £12

BIG BAD HILLBILLY BOPPERS VOLUME 1
(2 CD set, 64 original tracks)

Track listing:
CD 1: Red Smith - Whoa Boy, Little Jimmy Dickens - Hey Worm, Freddie Hart - Snatch & Grab It, Dick Stratton - Pistol Boogie, The Tunesmiths - Oh Stop, Tommy Sosebee - Barber Shop Boogie, Freddie Hart - Dig Boy Dig, Little Jimmy Dickens - Salty Boogie, Jack Guthrie - Oklahoma Blues, Pete Nantz - Jukebox Pearl, Bill Flagg - Doin’ My Time, Freddie Hart - Juke Joint Boogie, Uncle Alvis & The Corn Cobs - Hey Hey Pussycat, Chuck Carroll & Casey Clark - Hey Now, Bobby Burnell - Move Over Big Dog, Cliff Johnson - Go’Way Hound Dog, Hank Penny - Hadacillin Boogie, Jack Guthrie - Oakie Boogie, Lattie Moore - Juke Joint Johnny, Hank Mizell - I’m Ready, The Louvin’ Bros. - Cash On The Barrelhead, Earl Songer - Whoppie Baby, Bob Center - Hey Bo, Roy Wayne - Honey Won’t You Listen, Chuck Bowers - Pig Pen Boogie, Jim Eanes - Wiggle Worm Wiggle, The Tunesmiths - Baby I’m Ready, Dave Rich - Tuggin’ On My Heart Strings, Bill Browning - Don’t Push Don’t Shove, Onie Wheeler - Jump Right Out Of Th is Jukebox, Onie Wheeler - Onie’s Bop, Dusty Owens - Hey Honey

CD 2: Wayne Raney - Gone With The Wind, Sid Silver - Bumble Rumble, Unknown - Come To The Wild, Bobby Rutledge - Waitin’ In Line, Stoney Calhoun - Bounce Baby Bounce, The Wildwood Trio - The Wildwood Rock, The Carlisles - No Help Wanted, George Fleming - I’m Gonna Tell On You, Bill Browning - Sinful Woman, Country Boy Eddie - Like A Rusty Fish Hook, Little Jimmy Dickens - Stinky Pass The Hat, Jimmy Work - Tennessee Border, Slim Watts - Tu-La-Lu, Harvey Hunt - Big Dog Little Dog, Rose & The Maddox Bros - Hey Little Dream Boat, Jimmy Murphy - Baboon Boogie, Lew Williams - Cat Talk, Bill Flagg - Go Cat Go, Al Urban - Gonna Be Better Times, The Davis Sisters - Rock A Bye Boogie, Rusty & Doug Kershaw - Hey Mae, Hank Stanford - She’s A Hum Dum Dinger, Jerry Jericho - When I’m Gone, Merle Ray - I Won’t Be Back Tonight, Curtis Gordon - Sittin’ On Top Of The World, Gene Henslee - Rockin’ Baby, Truitt Force - Chicken Bop, Eddie Hill - The Hot Guitar, Eddie Cletro - Flying Saucer Boogie , Tommy Scott - Do You Dig Me Little Mama, Nolan Cromier - Hee-Haw Breakdown, The Sundown Playboys - Saturday Night Special)

PRESTO £10

BUDDY HOLLY & FRIENDS - BUDDY'S BUDDIES
(Over the last three years, El Toro Records has been leading the field in systematically reissuing the neglected legacy of the late, great Buddy Holly. When Universal finally announced a box set of his complete recordings last year we thought that our task was over - but not so! The complete set turned out to be far from complete; so this final Buddy Holly release from El Toro Records has gathered the material ignored by the otherwise exemplary Universal box set, notably all those commercial recordings which featured Buddy as session-musician-cum-producer from his golden years of 1957-58 and a bonus CD to collate all the remaining radio/TV interviews and the live radio/TV/promo clips from 1958 that hadn't been featured in our previous volumes. Sandwiched in between, and taking advantage of our title of 'Buddy's Buddies', we have a jam-packed compilation CD of talented Texas artists with whom Buddy crossed paths in the 1950s. Rave on!)

Track listing:
Disc 1: Whole Lot Of Lovin' - Jim Robinson / It's a Wonderful Feeling - Jim Robinson / Starlight - Jack Huddle / Believe Me - Jack Huddle / By The Mission Wall - Fred Crawford / Man From Texas - Jim Robinson / Broken Promises - Sherry Davis / Humble Heart - Sherry Davis / Sugartime - Charlie Phillips / One Faded Rose - Charlie Phillips / Moondreams - Norman Petty Trio / Real Wild Child - Ivan / Oh You Beautiful Doll - Ivan / If I Had Known - Ken James / Within My Heart - Ken James / I Sent You Roses - Jerry Engler / What A'You Gonna Do? - Jerry Engler / When Sin Stops - Waylon Jennings / Jole Blon - Waylon Jennings / Stay Close To Me - Lou Giordano / Don'tcha Know - Lou Giordano / Real Wild Child / Oh You Beautiful Doll Ivan 1 / Oh You Beautiful Doll Ivan / When Sin Stops 1 / When Sin Stops 2 / When Sin Stops 3 / When Sin Stops Waylon Jennings 4 / When Sin Stops Waylon Jennings 5 / When Sin Stops - Waylon Jennings 6 / More And More - Waylon and Buddy / When You Are Lonely - W aylon & Buddy

Disc 2: Hound Dog - The Four Teens / That Ain't Right - The Four Teens / Love's Made A Fool Of You - The Crickets / Someone, Someone - The Crickets / Leave Those Cats Alone - Don And His Roses / Baby My Heart - The Crickets / All My Love - Sonny West / Whatcha Gonna Do? - Earl Henry / When Sin Stops - The Nighthawks / Little Ditty Baby - Don West / Lookie, Lookie, Lookie - Ronnie Smith / When You Ask About Love - The Crickets / Deborah - The Crickets / That'll Be Alright - Ivan / My Babe - Ronnie Smith / School Is Out - Terry Wayne / Midnight Monster's Hop / Fireball - The Fireballs / Ting-A-Ling - The Crickets / Because I Love You - Bob Montgomery / Talk About Me Baby - Sonny Curtis / More Than I Can Say - The Crickets / My Suzanne - Earl Henry / Swingin' Daddy - Buddy Know & The Rhythm Orchids / All A' Your Love - The Nighthawks / Right Now! - Don And His Roses / I Don't Know - Chuck Tharp & The Fireballs / Patty Baby - Terry Noland / Don't Do Me This Way - Terry Noland / J itterbuggin' - The Five Bops / Youv'e Got Love - Peanuts Wilson / An Empty Cup (And A Broken Date) - Roy Orbison / A Cat Called Domino - Roy Orbison & The Teen Kings / I Fought The Law - The Crickets / It's All Over - Niki Sullivan / Rave On! - Sonny West

Disc 3: Oh Boy! / Everyday / That'll Be The Day / Drown In My Own Tears / Hallelujah! I Love Her So / Peggy Sue / That'll Be The Day / Oh Boy! / Maybe Baby / Interview With Pat Barton / Promo Spot For Radio WTRL / Interview With Bob Chesney / Promo Jingle / Promo Jingle To The Theme Of Peggy Sue / Interview With Alan Freed / Promo Spot For Radio / Interview With Ronnie King / Promo Spot For Radio KSYD / Interview With Dick Clark / Promo Spot For 'Winter Dance Party'/ Plane Crash Newscast)

EL TORO £16

GARY BENNETT (BR5-49) - MY OL' GUITAR
(Former BR5-49 co-frontman GARY BENNETT steps out on Raucous Records with his second solo album My Ol' Guitar. This collection of 14 newly recorded songs was produced by Bennett and guitar slinger Kenny Vaughan. BR5-49 classics such as Even If It's Wrong, You Are Never Nice To Me, and Pain Pain Go Away are revisited and updated on the album alongside brand new songs that fans will instantly fall head over heels in love with. BR5-49 members Donnie Herron and Chris Scruggs both contribute throughout the album and the results are truly magical.)

Track listing:
Even If It's Wrong, Head Over Heels Again, I Ain't Gonna Do It Anymore, Five Years In One, Life Ain't Killed Me Yet, You Are Never Nice To Me, A Cold Day In Hell, Don't Leave Me Hangin', Storybook Endings, While You Were Gone, Pain Pain Go Away, The Game, It Ain't Easy Being In My Head, My Ol' Guitar)

U.K RAUCOUS £10

MIKE SANCHEZ - BABES & BUICKS
(In 2003 we gave you the highly-acclaimed Women & Cadillacs. Now in Summer 2010 comes the long-awaited follow up Babes & Buicks, featuring England's Mike Sanchez in tandem with Stockholm's finest, The Beat From Palookaville*. Ladies and gentlemen - let's all motor in style!)

*previously known as Knock Out Greg & Blue Weather

Track listing:
1. Hip Boots (Rogers) Michele Publishing Co, 2. The Question/Whatcha Gonna Do (Wright) Universal/MCA Music Ltd, 3. Babes And Buicks (Lewen)Copyright Control, 4. Let's Be Friends (Broonzy) Universal/MCA Music Ltd, 5. Driftwood (Cooley) - Forshay Music Inc, 6. Isabella (Getz) - Milbee Music Inc/BMI, 7. Found What I'm Looking For (Sanchez) Copyright Control , 8. It's Time To Rock (Sanchez) Copyright Control, 9. Everybody's Got a Buick (Sanchez) Copyright Control, 10. I'm Wise - Slippin' & Slidin' (Bocage/Collins/Smith) Bess Music Co, 11. Got You On My Mind (Biggs/Thomas) Angle Music/Shelby Singleton Music, 12. Crawfish (Weisman) Gladys Music Co/Erica Publishing ASCAP, 13. Shiver & Shake (Scott) Unichappel Music Inc, 14. Pretty Legs (Sanchez) Copyright Control, 15. Scream And Howl (Sanchez) Copyright Control, 16. Party Time (Walker/Walker) BMI/Ulysses & Bagby Music)

DOOPIN' MUSIC £12

JERRY LORDAN - THE 50th ANNIVERSARY ALBUM 1959 - 1961
(26 original Parlophone recordings)

Track listing:
I'll stay single, Can we kiss, Who could be bluer, Do I worry?, Sing like an angel, Ev'ry time, Ring,write or call, I've still got you, Let's try again, You came a long way from St.Louis, Second hand dream, One good solid 24 carat reason, The old man and the sea, Harlequin melodies

ALL MY OWN WORK LP: A house, a car, a wedding ring, I've waited so long, Leave me alone, First Romance [instr], Man on my trail, Love where cane you be?, I want to fall in love, All night long, Apache [instr], I'll stay single [album version], Married, The world's lonelinest man. BONUS TRACK: Apache - The Shadows)

OFFICIAL £10

HAYDEN THOMPSON - STANDING TALL
(2 CD set. NEW HAYDEN THOMPSON CD NOW AVAILABLE. FIRST 600 COPIES COMES WITH 5 TRACK MINI CD. IT INCLUDES LIVE RECORDINGS . HAYDEN THOMPSON AND THE BARNSHAKERS !)

Track listing:
CD 1: Hurtin' Inside, Honey 'Cause I Love You, Pretty Lou, Still Loving You, Without Love, Long Black Train, Look Out Mabel, Crazy Arms, Where The Rio De Rosa Flows, Whatcha Gonna Do, Country Girls, Love My Baby, Don't Tell Me Your Troubles, Hey Porter, You're A Heartbreakers, Cheese And Crackers a/k/a The Happy Song #2

CD2 (live with The Barnshakers): Rockabilly Gal, You Win Again, Blues Blues Blues, Don't You Worry, Midnight Blues)

BLUELIGHT £16

ROCKABILLY ACTION
(28 rare rockers)

Track listing:
1. Out Honky Tonkin' Again - DUDE STANDPHILL, 2. Boy And A Guitar - CLEVE WARNOCK, 3. Last Goodbye - ART ONTARIO, 4. Fool Fool Fool - BILL WHITTLEY, 5. Hillbilly Fever - LONESOME WILLIE EVANS, 6. Shakin' Ana Twisting - JOHN POOLE , 7. Emanons Rock - EMANONS , 8. Sheddin' Texas Over You - SHORTY FROG & HIS SPACE CATS, 9. Hey, Hey, Don't Tease Me - BO RATLIFF & COUNTRY KINFOLK, 10. It's Money - MIKE CLAY, 11. Makin' Up My Mind - RICK JOHNSON, 12. Little Bit Lonesome - CHARLES ROSS, 13. The Tennessee Blues - TOMMY MORELAND, 14. Backfired - LEROY WILKERSON, 15. Red Dress - JOHNNY HUSKEY & LONG BEES, 16. Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down - CARL MARTIN TRIO , 17. I Got Some News For You - BOBBY LEE , 18. I'll Pay You Back - BILL ZEKIE BROWNING, 19. Beggin' Time - RUSSELL SPEARS, 20. Rock Bottom Blues - CURLEY GRIFFIN, 21. I Got The Blues On My Mind - LONNIE IRVING, 22. As My Heart Is To You - BOB JAMES & CREATIONS, 23. I Come From Lousiana - JIMMY BANKSTON, 24. Blue As I Can B e - JIMMY SIMPSON, 25. I'm Walking Out - WALTER SCOTT , 26. Searight Blues - JIMMY WELCH, 27. Baby I Win't Keep Waitin' - BILL BLEVINS, 28. I'm Talking Not Walking The Blues - WIBBY LEE & PAUL ALLEN)

BUFFALO BOP £12

DO THE BOP
(28 x 1950s hot rockers)

Track listing:
1. Swingtime In The Rockets - PAUL CHAPLAIN, 2. Cha Cha Chu - JERRY HAWKINS, 3. I Wanna Do It - ROBIN & Three Hounds , 4. Rock A While - DEWEY GUY, 5. Quick Sand - BLUE ANGELS , 6. Nicotine - PAUL CHAPLAIN, 7. Knock Kneed Rooster - HANK MOORE & Orchestra , 8. Take A Bath - CAHRLES SIMS, 9. Big Louise - Homer Smith & Outer Limits , 10. More More - JACK & Jumping Jacks , 11. Talk To Me Baby - TABLE TOPPERS , 12. I Feel So Good - MARVELUSS MICKEY , 13. Hungry And Thirsty (For Your Love) - JIMMY TROTTER , 14. Giving Everything Away - RHYTHM ROCKERS , 15. Lose My Mind - Cousin Herbert Henson, 16. My Kind Of Woman - Ron Ouderkirk, 17. Friar's Twist - Dale & Uniques , 18. Betty, Betty, Betty - COLE BROTHERS , 19. Caldonia - PAUL CHAPLAIN, 20. I've Gotta Find Someone - TINY TIM & Tornados , 21. Ready To Rock - JIM MORRISON, 22. Chill Bumps - JACKIE CANNON, 23. Love By Numbers - EDDY CLERMONT, 24. Baby Sitter Rock - JIMMY JAMES, 25. Before You Change Your Mind - MEL ALBERT, 26. Shortn in' Bread - PAUL CHAPLAIN, 27. Do The Ba Ba Bop - MAYNARD HORLICK, 28. Crazy Legs - JAY GALLEGHER)

BUFFALO BOP £12

THE MEMPHIS JUKEBOX Volume 2
(For almost twenty years, the King of Rock 'n' Roll would relax at his Graceland home by listening to his personal jukebox filled with the records he had amassed over many years. These were the songs he loved and the music that inspired him - the tunes that made him 'shake, rattle and roll'.

There is no doubt that Elvis was one of the most influential recording artists of the 20th Century. He dared to blend African-American influenced Blues with Gospel, Bluegrass and Country. This unique sound became Rock 'n' Roll, and those influences can still be heard across many music genres today. Fast-forward to today, and there is still a fascination with Elvis Presley and his legacy that no other artist can match.

Whilst there have been many releases over the years that have claimed to feature the music that inspired Elvis, there has never been a verifiable album that truly showcases the actual recordings and artists that influenced and entertained him, both in his formative years and at the height of his fame. Until now, that is.

It has long been known that Elvis, an avid music collector, kept a personal jukebox at Graceland. The whereabouts of these 45's had always eluded memorabilia investigators, but in October 2009 the mystery was solved when they were put up for auction. And now Vee-Tone Records - an independent UK music label, has just released two volumes of music based on this very collection of singles: The Memphis Jukebox (1 & 2).

David Gillespie of Vee-Tone Records said: 'This is a truly unique and historic collection. Whilst many of the records individually will have been heard before, together they give a remarkable insight into Elvis' life and musical influences. Every time you press 'play' to listen to this collection, you are recreating a moment in time; a moment in Elvis' life when he, himself, would press 'play' on his personal jukebox in Graceland'.

'As many music lovers know, a music collection can be a very personal thing. Not only does it reveal your musical tastes, but it can chart the ups and downs in your life; it can paint a personal picture of your unique spirit, personality and character. The Memphis Jukebox collections strip away the hype and the commercial aspects of Elvis and leaves behind the bare essence of the man himself. We are hugely excited to be bringing this unique and historic collection to the eyes and ears of the world'.

Track listing:
Boyd Bennett & The Rockets - You Upset Me Baby, Bill Haley & The Comets - Hot Dog Buddy Buddy, The Jodimars - Well Now Dig This, Eddie Fontaine - Cool It Baby, Warren Smith - Rock 'n' Roll Ruby, Carl Perkins - Boppin' The Blues, Ricky Nelson - Waitin' In School, Jerry Lee Lewis -Breathless, Gene Vincent - Be-Bop-A-Lula, Webb Pierce - I Ain't Never, Marty Robbins - I Can't Quit, Bo Diddley - I'm Bad, Little Walter - My Babe, The Drifters - Hyptonized, Fats Domino - I Still Love You, Ruth Brown - I Wanna Do More, Piano Red -Rock, Baby, The Spiders - Witchcraft, Big Joe Turner - Flip Flop And Fly, Eddie Bo - I'm Wise, The Clovers - If I Could Be Loved By You, The Moonglows - Most Of All)

VEE-TONE RECORDS £10

CRAZY CAVAN N' THE RHYTHM ROCKERS - WHO'S GONNA ROCK YA - 40 ROCKIN' YEARS
(To celebrate 40 years on the road, Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers have released this special double CD box set. A staggering 52 tracks are featured. For the first time ever on CD are the 4 tracks from their first ever vinyl single release from 1974. Also there are 12 previously unreleased demo's. The rest of the tracks are a 'best of' from their other album releases! There is also a massive 64 page booklet with rare photos never seen before.

Track listing:
CD 1: Wildest Cat In Town, Teddy Boy Rock 'n' Roll, My Little Teddy Girl, Rockabilly Star, Bop Little Baby, Teddy Boy Boogie, She's The One To Blame, Sadie, Hard Rock Cafe, Get Yourself A Band, Knock Knock, Waitin' For My Baby, Boppin' N' Shakin', Old Black Joe, My Own Way Of Rockin', My Little Sister's Got A Motorbike, Tennessee Border, Rockabilly Rules OK, Flight To The USA, Trouble Trouble, Both Wheels Left The Ground, Are You Still Crazy, Put A Light In The Window, Jump N' Jive, Isle Of Capri, Alligator Shoes

CD 2: Rollin' Through The Night, Jeezy Peezy, She Stood Me Up, You Are My Sunshine, It's Wild It's Wierd It's Crazy, Evil Heart, Teddy Boy Flick Knife Rock 'n' Roll, Lizzy Beth, Rhythm Rockin' Blues, Teddy Boy Blues, Who The F**k Do You Think You're Talkin' To, Train I Ride, She's Alright, Bye Bye Bo Diddley

UNISSUED RECORDINGS: Rebel Ted, The Rockin' Alcoholic, Alabammy Gal, Takin Care Of My Home, Rollin Through The Night, Love Ran Out On You, Jeezy Peezy, She Stood Me Up, She's My Lovin Baby, Don't Mess With My Day Off, Bye Bye Baby Blue, Who's Gonna Rock Ya)

CRAZY RHYTHM £16

BERNIE WOODS & THE FOREST FIRES - NEVER STOP ROCKING
(12 new dance floor fillers from Bernie & the boys)

Track listing:
SOUNDCHECK BOOGIE / FORTY DAYS / LITTLE PIG / WASH MACHINE BOOGIE / NEVER STOP ROCKIN' / DADDY O' ROCK / YOUR CHEATIN' HEART / I HAD A DREAM / GOODNIGHT IRENE / ROCKIN' WITH MY BABY / RUBY BABY / JUNGLE ROCK)

FOOT TAPPING £10

DVD: VARIOUS ARTISTS - HOT SHOT ROCKABILLIES ON THE TOWN HALL PARTY 1954 - 1959
(45 original rockin' performances)

Track listing:
Eddie Cochran - C'Mon Everybody, Bob Luman - Ready Teddy, The Flairs - Johnny B Goode, Wanda Jackson - Rock Your Baby, Johnny Cash - All Over Again, The Collins Kids - High School Confidential, Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes, Joe Maphis & Larry Collins - Ramrod, Eddie Cochran - Don't Blame It On Me, Bob Luman - Shake Rattle And Roll, The Flairs - Mean Mean Man, Gene Vincent - Be-Bop-A-Lula, Wanda Jackson - Hard Headed Woman, Johnny Bond - Wild Cat Boogie, Johnny Cash - Get Rhythm, Merle Travis & Joe Maphis - Main Street Breakdown, The Collins Kids - Rock Boppin' Baby, Marty Robbins - I Can't Quit, George Jones - White Lightnin', Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues , Bob Luman - I Got Woman, The Flairs - Rebel's Inn, Gene Vincent - She She Little Sheila, Joe Maphis, Merle Travis & Larry Collins - Rockin' Along, Skeets McDonald - Tomorrow Never Comes, Gordon Terry - It Ain't Right, Jimmy Pruett - Piano Boogie, Eddie Cochran - School Day , Bob Luman - Rockin' Robin, Johnny Cash - Big River, Carl Perkins - Pointed Toe Shoes, Wanda Jackson - Mean Mean Man, Joe Maphis & Larry Collins - The Rockin' Gypsy, Merle Travis - Goodbye My Blue Belle, Skeets McDonald - What Am I Doing Here, The Browns - Party Doll, Jimmy Pruett - Hot Damn Boogie, Hank Snow - I'm Movin' On, Johnny Cash - I Got Stripes, Carl Perkins - Matchbox, George Jones - Who Shot Sam, Joe Maphis & Larry Collins - Mutt And Jeff Boogie, The Collins Kids - Shake, Rattle And Roll, Bob Luman - Blue Suede Shoes, Eddie Cochran - C'Mon Everybody (2)

WONDERFUL VINTAGE FOOTAGE FROM THIS LEGENDARY CALIFORNIAN T.V SHOW)

STOMPERTIME RECORDS £10

DVD: THE CRICKETS - BUDDY HOLLY'S CRICKETS & FRIENDS
(A unique compilation of rock'n'roll greats doing what they do best - performing their biggest hits at sell-out concert venues across the UK. The Crickets and Freddy Weller take to the stage at the Peterborough Country Music Festival playing favourites including Peggy Sue, Perfect Stranger and Rave On. Then it's off to Birmingham to see Bill Haley and His Comets in their last ever UK performance before joining Jerry Lee Lewis to make our line-up complete.

Track listing:
1. The Crickets - Oh Boy, 2. Freddy Weller - The Promised Land, 3. The Crickets - Maybe Baby, 4. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire, 5. The Crickets - Everyday, 6. Freddy Weller - Too Much Monkey Business / Johnny B. Goode / The Roadmaster, 7. Bill Haley & His Comets - Razzle Dazzle, 8. The Crickets - Peggy Sue, 9. Freddy Weller - Games People Play, 10. The Crickets - More Than I Can Say, 11. Lacy J Dalton - Working Class Man, 12. The Crickets - Slippin' And Slidin? / Keep A Knockin', 13. Freddy Weller - I've Just Got To Know, 14. The Crickets - Early In The Morning, 15. Bill Haley & His Comets - Shake, Rattle And Roll, 16. The Crickets - Think It Over, 17. Freddy Weller - Perfect Stranger, 18. Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock, 19. The Crickets - Well... All Right, 20. Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On, 21. Freddy Weller - That's All Right Mama / Mystery Train / Blue Moon Of Kentucky, 22. Bill Haley & His Comets - See You Later Alligator, 23. Th e Crickets - It's So Easy, 24. Freddy Weller - She Loves Me Right Out Of My Mind, 25. The Crickets - That'll Be The Day, 26. Jerry Lee Lewis - Roll Over Beethoven, 27. Freddy Weller - Free Born Man / Working Man Blues / Free Born Man, 28. The Crickets - Rave On)

PEGASUS £6

DVD: WANDA JACKSON - THE SWEET LADY WITH THE NASTY VOICE - THE DOCUMENTARY
(THE SWEET LADY WITH THE NASTY VOICE is the culmination of a two-year journey with Wanda Jackson, in performances across the United States and Europe, and features rock immortals in interviews and rare footage.

The Sweet Lady With the Nasty Voice, is the story of Wanda Jackson, a country singer who turned into the queen of rockabilly. Her wild and raw style paved the way for female rock stars that includes the likes of Janis Joplin and Chrissie Hynde. During the 1950's she toured with Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Buddy Holly. Her story is told through vintage films of her as a teenager strumming her guitar with a vengeance and snarling lyrics of songs like her biggest hit 'Let's Have a Party' and through interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, and Jim Phantom. Sweet Lady documents the recording of Jackson's new CD release I Remember Elvis, and follows her tour across the U.S. and Europe. Another Elvis, Elvis Costello, is also featured, as an advocate of inducting Jackson into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Costello penned a letter urging it to induct Jackson, who, he said, 'was making a sound that was wild and raw as any rocker, man or woman, when other women were asking for the doggie in the window.' Performers Jackson toured with, highlighted in archival footage throughout this tour doc, include: Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis. Presley, whom Jackson dated, was influential in Jackson's choice to move from country music to the male-dominated world of rockabilly.

Among those Interviewed are Elvis Costello, Patti Scialfa, Bruce Springsteen, Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead), Slim Jim Phantom (The Stray Cats), and Terry Stewart, President of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.)

GWDVD 1030 - £12

Go to top Post Reply